While Nobody Was Watching . . .

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
GOP Congressional Lobbyist Reforms - Dead Issue

Ain't gonna happen, America's 15 minute memory span to the rescue of the House . . again. :shocked:

Hi there GOP Voter - we know you're really stupid and won't remember squat when you wake up tomorrow,
so in the 2 week recess for the Government that is just ending, the GOP House of Reprehensibles
figured out that there have been enough distractions to move public intrest onto other things on zero importance.
So - situation normal, gather the pigs around the trough and grab all you can get for yourself before
someone actually has the balls to stand up and make corruption and accountability a real issue.
Bless the immigration crisis, gay abortion, and intelligent design issues for keeping the idiots pre-occupied in irrelevance.

<CLIP>

House Republican leaders have quietly scaled back their plan to limit the political influence of lobbyists, dropping proposed requirements that lobbyists disclose which lawmakers and aides they have contacted and how they have raised money for politicians.
The changes were made public in an amended bill posted on the House Rules Committee website Friday while Congress was wrapping up a two-week recess. Even before the latest move, political ethics experts had called the House plan weaker than a lobbying bill the Senate passed last month.

The legislation is to be considered this week as Congress returns to address a political influence scandal that has gripped Washington. The House bill would leave unchanged current rules that allow members of Congress and their staffs to accept gifts from lobbyists.

In addition, the measure would:

? Freeze junkets paid for by private interests, but only until after the November elections.

? Place no new restrictions on lawmakers and aides who leave Capitol Hill to become lobbyists.

? Leave enforcement of the rules in the hands of a House ethics committee that is paralyzed by partisan tensions.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Sadly predictable. We get the government we deserve.

Actually is is the government we feel we deserve and that is why we accept it. Cynicism and bad news destroy the notion of positive change. We are anesthetized.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Actually is is the government we feel we deserve and that is why we accept it. Cynicism and bad news destroy the notion of positive change. We are anesthetized.

I don't think too many people realy feel they deserve elected officials who seem to stand around with their hands out most of the time. Lord forbid that congressmen would do such a tough job just for their salary and million dollar retirements. Opps, some cynicism slipped out, if it didn't I might have been forced to write my congressman a letter about it and then i would probably get audited. Opps. :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

I don't think too many people realy feel they deserve elected officials who seem to stand around with their hands out most of the time. Lord forbid that congressmen would do such a tough job just for their salary and million dollar retirements. Opps, some cynicism slipped out, if it didn't I might have been forced to write my congressman a letter about it and then i would probably get audited. Opps. :D
Sadly, you do not know this is how you feel and that is why it never changes. Have you ever said, "Just my luck!"? Now ask yourself why. I know you can't believe my stick and think I'm nuts, but I see what almost nobody does. We hate ourselves and it explains all mysteries.

The absurdity, of course, is that the feelings are lies, but we refuse to know the good news because we first have to see the bad. We don't want to do that. We'd rather die, which is psychically about what it takes.

The human condition, then, to sum it up, is that humanity is walking backward into extinction from fear of its own self hate, because we always realize our fears.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
"This is an outrage- we demand lobbyist reforms to curb this corr- Oh look American Idol is on!!!" *Runs off*

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: lozina
"This is an outrage- we demand lobbyist reforms to curb this corr- Oh look American Idol is on!!!" *Runs off*

That pretty much sums it up.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Darkhawk28
Originally posted by: lozina

That pretty much sums it up.

How long before FOX comes up with a new hit show like 'American Lobbyist - Congressional Idol'

. . . last week the Dynamic Duo of Jack Abramoff and Tom DeLay held off thier challengers from the Justice Departrment
and this week, stay tuned as they take on the Ghost of Abraham Lincoln, Jiminy Cricket, Mother Theresa, and Mahatma Gandhi.

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
I am actually one of those who see "lobbying reform" as very low in importance. In fact I see it as Congress attempting to dodge the real issues that face American people today.

Mainly, their insatiable appetite for my income.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Shivetya
I am actually one of those who see "lobbying reform" as very low in importance. In fact I see it as Congress attempting to dodge the real issues that face American people today.

They are two sides of the same coin. They want your income because they are greedy and power-hungry. They whore themselves to lobbyists for the same reason. Scumbags run for Congress because it is a sure ticket to personal wealth. Remove the money and we will get better candidates.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Ldir
Originally posted by: Shivetya

They are two sides of the same coin. They want your income because they are greedy and power-hungry. They whore themselves to lobbyists for the same reason. Scumbags run for Congress because it is a sure ticket to personal wealth. Remove the money and we will get better candidates.
Nope, you will get better candidates only then when we have better voters. That will mean that each American will do all that can be done for America when he or she evolves. Only you can change the world for the better by improving yourself. Everything else is totally empty. Sorry, this information, however, means that you are upsides down with the rest of humanity thinking the answer's out there.

Oh no, it can't depend on me. That's the most unacceptable news I've ever heard. I am worthless so we are screwed.

It's is of course, hopeless, because we believe in the lie. You need to do nothing, you need only to see the lie.

tommywishbone

Platinum Member
May 11, 2005
Reform is a pipe dream. Nobody gives back their Golden Goose... nobody. They may trade up for a bigger Golden Gooose, but they never kick the Goose out... never.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: tommywishbone
Reform is a pipe dream. Nobody gives back their Golden Goose... nobody. They may trade up for a bigger Golden Gooose, but they never kick the Goose out... never.

What about the person who cares for the majority above himself. Are you saying such a person does not exist? If so please evolve. :) Man oh man, the world is just like me. Fascinating.