Which truck should I keep?

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I have two 4x4 1998 Z71's, one is a swb step side and the other is an extended cab. My extended cab is in the shop and I am about to get it back, I have had the block replaced, rear main and the heads done so my engine will be great. However I like the looks of my step side more, either one is a third vehicle and only used occasionally to haul something or pull my trailer. I am having a hard time deciding on which one to keep, I had bought the extended cab to resell but I ended up having to dump way more money in it that I anticipated so now that I have done that I am thinking about just keeping it.

Last edited:

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Personally? I don't like step sides because the usable bed space is less.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I would combine both cabs and make a truck with 4 wheel steering and twin engines!

real answer, keep whichever one is in better shape and you think will cost you less to maintain and own ...

Last edited:

Bartman39

Elite Member | For Sale/Trade
Jul 4, 2000
I would say it depends on how much you will have in the extended cab with the work you have had done to it...? Sounds like you have spent quiet a bit on it so I would think keeping it would be your best option money wise...? Like others have said it will provide a ton more room in the cab and bed... But its your call... Best of luck with them...

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
If it was mine to do, I might consider swapping the engines around and keeping the shortie. But, if you are paying retail for that kind of work, it's probably a bad idea cost-wise.