Which to trust?

jdogg707

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2002
Ok, so I just hooked up an Exos system for a friend of mine because he wanted painless water cooling...anyway, I noticed that his load temps according to Motherboard Monitor are 44C and according to the Exos LCD monitor it reads 27C. I am wondering which one to trust here? Thanks.

BTW, Here's the system:

Athlon XP 2500+ @ 3200+ (1.7V)
Abit NF7-S
512MB OCZ Memory
Radeon 9800 Pro

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
The Abit NF7-S motherboard uses the Athlon XP thermal diode to read the accurate temperature for the processor, so I would trust the motherboard reading also.

If he still is unsatisfied with the temperature, get a better CPU waterblock (swiftech with 80Watt peltier) and a really good radiator. Then you would see temperatures down in the 20's C under LOAD conditions. But that is totally extreme :p :)

jdogg707

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2002
thanks guys...I frigured the thermal diode on the chip would be correct, but just thought I'd ask...especially since there was such a large discrepency between the two. I'll look into getting heavy duty water block, but see what he wants to do first. I think after this I might try going water, but not using the Exos...it's easy, but I'm not seeing a big difference in temps compared to air...only a quieter system...