which TNT2 Ultra card to use on overclocked system?

ThurzNite

Nov 15, 1999
I just realized that I have a Diamond Viper v770 Ultra and a Creative Riva TNT2 Ultra in my possession. I wanna use 1 of them in my Asus p3v4x 600e @ 900. The Viper can do agp4x; not sure about the creative. Since the 900 runs at 150 (or close to it) what should the divider be for agp for either card?
Jay

subhuman

Aug 24, 2000
btw i had my creative tnt2 running fine w/ 140mhz bus speed on an ABIT BE6. almost 100mhz AGP speed...

ThurzNite

Nov 15, 1999
Creative, eh? At 1/2 speed? Sounds good. Yeah, I have the viper and the system I'm building for my gf was supposed to have the creative. However, it's more of my project to see how far I can push the system. I'm willing to give her my card if it's gonna oc better. but I don't feel like cracking open my computer and installing new drivers...If anybody else is using either of these cards, can u post your results and settings? Thanx!

HouRman

Mar 30, 2000
I've got a 600E that can run at 900mhz, but there's no way i can get a post if I run agp at 4x.

The only way to get a post using my CL annihilator pro geforce is to run it at 1x.

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
I have a Diamond 770 ultra on a Abit BE6 runing a 700@868. The FSB is at 124 so my card is at 82mhz. I've read here that the card will do a 133FSB but you need to disable the SBA (side band analize) or something to that nature. I have yet to try it but one of these days.

My board wont do agp4x. :(

Quickfingerz

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2000
In general, the Creative boards have posted much higher results at high AGP bus speeds. I'd go with whichever card overclocks the highest.

ThurzNite

Nov 15, 1999
I finally plugged in the mobo with the creative, but had to use my old 300a w/o hsf!!! cuz of the power connector behind the slot 1. Darn. Anyways, chip is hot as heck to the touch.
Got into bios and looked around. Setting agp to 4x is cool cuz it'll bump down if it doesn't do 4x. So from what I'm hearing here is that I should just put it at 2x and play w/the speed on the video card? How would I adjust the speed on the card? There's windows utilities and I'll probably eventually use that. But for now, w/no OS installed, should I just run it non oc'd?
Jay