Discussion Which states are opposites of New York in most ways?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
oh huh i must've been confusing you with someone else with a similar name.

i want to go to turkey so bad, the ancient history there is incredible. gobekli tepe, sardis, ionia, tons of hittite and persian and greek and roman and ottoman influence.

maybe things will be better in a few decades.
I want to go to Turkey too. $1 USD is around 7 Turkish lira right now. That's super. 10 years ago, it used to be $1 USD to 1.50 Turkish lira. Talk about increased buying power for US tourist. Same with Ukraine. US dollar goes so far in Ukraine.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
I want to go to Turkey too. $1 USD is around 7 Turkish lira right now. That's super. 10 years ago, it used to be $1 USD to 1.50 Turkish lira. Talk about increased buying power for US tourist. Same with Ukraine. US dollar goes so far in Ukraine.

Other than a buttload (literally) of hashish what is there in Turkey that you'd want to buy?

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Other than a buttload (literally) of hashish what is there in Turkey that you'd want to buy?
I'm not big into shopping. I let my wife shop. But stronger dollar means cheaper everything as long as you avoid Western chains. I want to go for the history, food, and culture. Maybe pickup some Turkish tea and gold.