Which scratch remover thing should I get for the car

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
something not too expensive, from Canadian Tire or Walmart or something..
from your experience

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: ScottyB
Here you go.

too bad can't get to the link cuz limited access of internet at work
but thanks..
Is it something you need to buy thru the net? If so im not planning to
buy little something like this thru the net..i want something which i can just
pick up from a local store.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Ernieb
Here you go.

but thanks..

:( you missed the joke then. It was a Ted Nuggent cd (Cat Scratch Fever).

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
How bad are the scratches? You could get decent results with 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover or Meguiar's Scratch-X by hand; however, they're not that abrasive. A more abrasive solution would be to use Meguiar's #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish which, when used with an orbital polisher would actually remove the scratch, not just deprive light from it. Of course, it depends on how bad the scratch is (i.e. is it down to the primer?).

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Ernieb
Here you go.

but thanks..

:( you missed the joke then. It was a Ted Nuggent cd (Cat Scratch Fever).

oh sorry thanks for the joke though...

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Descartes
How bad are the scratches? You could get decent results with 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover or Meguiar's Scratch-X by hand; however, they're not that abrasive. A more abrasive solution would be to use Meguiar's #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish which, when used with an orbital polisher would actually remove the scratch, not just deprive light from it. Of course, it depends on how bad the scratch is (i.e. is it down to the primer?).

oh the scrath isn't deep at all..
but i still need to remove it.. kind of to matain my car
and i figure that i may need to buy a bottle of scratch remover thing
cuz it's more a long term use

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Don't get that junk you see on TV... get a buffing compound and use some elbow grease. Those quick fixes are junk... if you want it done right, do it the way it's been done for over 100 years.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
Another vote for Meguiars ScratchX... good stuff. I got hit and run from behind (friggin dork kinda spun me and took off) on my rear driver side corner which was thankfully urethane so no dents, but big fat marks and scratches from their bumper.

After an hour of good hand buffing with ScratchX, clay, & wax... looks quite decent.

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Is the turtle wax thing good..that one that is call scratch remover for $10 something CDN
or the $ 3 dollars something compound thing.....
i dunno the difference
which one has a better result

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Get a buffing compound... if you're gonna do it by hand, get one that's made to be used by hand... if you're gonna use a powered buffing wheel, get a compound designed for that. There's a difference in the compounds... if you use the stuff meant to be applied with your hand with a buffing wheel, you're gonna eat through the paint in no time.
After you buff it, use a glaze, then a non abrasive wax like that Mothers stuff that they say is for touching up between waxing. (TurtleWax is slightly abrasive and has cleaning agents in it to remove dead pigment from the paint)

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Get a buffing compound... if you're gonna do it by hand, get one that's made to be used by hand... if you're gonna use a powered buffing wheel, get a compound designed for that. There's a difference in the compounds... if you use the stuff meant to be applied with your hand with a buffing wheel, you're gonna eat through the paint in no time.
After you buff it, use a glaze, then a non abrasive wax like that Mothers stuff that they say is for touching up between waxing. (TurtleWax is slightly abrasive and has cleaning agents in it to remove dead pigment from the paint)

can you just pick one from
local store for me pls