which receiver to get.. 400 budget standby passthrough be nice

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I just ordered an e400.

Can't freakin' wait to get it! This will be my first decent audio for my setup. I've been really audio lazy for years. Just been using the cheapest theatre-in-a-box POS that came with my TV.

Recently I just got fed up and decided to go for something a bit better- the e400 seems like the perfect fit for me. It'll be night and day from the junk audio I'm used to, I'm sure.

What kind of speakers do you have? just AVR will do little if you do not have appropriate speakers

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
this thread Keeps going and goign!.. i decided i might try hooking up a amp to the 12's.. maybe a 300w plate amp.. or was also thinking maybe use a car amp and a xbox360 psu for real easy quick cheap setup.. i mean everything else had no budget so maybe i should just get the dayton 15" sub for 179..

But using what i got already does sound good also.. just seems like will run close to the same price ;P

You can also look around in CL if you dont mind, I have seen people selling similar subs for cheap...

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
What kind of speakers do you have? just AVR will do little if you do not have appropriate speakers

Yeah I'm working on getting some good speakers to go with it. I'm still on the hunt for those.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Did you not see the X2000 sale thread in here and in Deals? Is it too late to cancel/switch?

I did see that, thanks. I got the e400 for a lot less and for my needs its all I need and then some. I'm sure the x2000 is better in a lot of ways but probably nothing I'd be able to tell the difference. The main things for me was getting 7:1 and 4k for futureproofing. And network. I love the idea of controlling this with a tablet. (Which already controls my xbmc setup.)