Which phone to get?

Killerme33

Jan 17, 2006
Anyway my phone broke last night (screen cracked) so I'm in need of a new cell phone. I have verizon, and the two phones I was looking at are:

Chocolate

Anyone have either of these phones and can give any good or bad points about one.

Thanks

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Not sure about the Samsung, but from my research, the Chocoltate is mainly flash. Lots of issues and dissatisfaction.

Azndude51

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2004
I also have a friend who has the Chocolate, but he doesn't like it. One of the reasons I think are the touch sensitive buttons.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
The touch sensitive buttons on the Chocolate are widely reviled. I was only able to stand them for about 6 months. The sliding action is perfect, imo, and the music player and sound quality/RF are great. If it wasn't for the damn touch buttons, the usability would be pretty good for a phone with the Verizon interface.

I work in CS and get lots of complaints about the Samsung 620. If you really want a VCast MobileTV phone the LG 9400 is a much much much better phone.

BMW2000z

Jul 22, 2002
my contract just expired so it's time to get a new phone. those links to the phones you picked out at the top of the page don't work. i tried looking on the verizon page for the samsung 620, but i didn't see it. so when i go there, i'm probably gonna get the chocolate. the gsm version looks a lot nicer though cause the button are flush with the screen and don't have that stupid ipod-wheel lookalike on the front.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
BMW2000z: Before you order the Chocolate, visit a store and play with one. Go through every option in the menu and play some music if possible. Make absolutely sure you can live with the touch-sensitive buttons, because if you don't think you will know before the 30 days are up, don't buy it. Otherwise, you're going to be making a call to CS to find out if you can trade for a different phone and be told no.