Which Panasonic 3D glasses should I buy?

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by Axonn, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Axonn

Axonn Senior member

There are 2 models of active Panasonic 3D Glasses I found. The TY-EW3D3ME and the TY-ER3D4SE. The specifications are here:

ER series:

https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovideo/accessories/3Dglasses/3Dglasses_specs2012.asp

EW series:

https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovideo/accessories/3Dglasses/3Dglasses_specs.asp

So from what I gather, the EW is infrared. The ER, it doesn't say. Compatibility, for the ER, it says about my desired TV (the ST 50). For the EW, it doesn't say.

Kinda frustrating. So what should I get? The prices are almost the same.

Thank you in advance! ::- ).

2. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

get what is compatible with your tv.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TY-E...ref=pd_sim_e_1

there is a chart down on the page there. i got those ones but they were like $11 cheaper/pair when i got mine.

the EW doesn't even work with the st50 so grab the other ones.

3. Childs

Childs Lifer

The ST50 uses RF glasses. I have the official Panasonic glasses, and the Samsung SSG-4100GB, and I prefer the Samsung glasses. Also, they are only $20.

4. Axonn

Axonn Senior member

Interesting! Didn't even know the Samsungs work together with the Panasonic TV. Thank you guys!

I guess I'll get a pair from each type.

So let me get this straight, the Samsungs can be recharged via USB from the TV or something, right?

5. Childs

Childs Lifer

No, they use those coin like batteries. They are rated for hundreds of hours in the glasses, and only cost a couple of bucks for a pack. The Panasonic glasses charge by usb. FWIW, my friends who wear prescription glasses prefer the design of the Samsungs.

6. Axonn

Axonn Senior member

Ampfhr. I don't like batteries. Not very reusable. But on the other hand, the glasses with batteries might outlive the ones with built-in accumulator simply because batteries can be changed. Also, given the amount of 3D content I plan to watch, it's not like I'm gonna buy batteries every day :D.

7. Childs

Childs Lifer

OK, they are rated for 150 hours, which is like 70 movies. You could buy a rechargeable CR2032 battery and charger, but I'm not sure its worth it considering you can get a 2 pack of normal ones for like $2.

8. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

yea, I ordered a pair of these last week. They were OOS but has shipped now.