Which online game review sites do you trust?

gizbug

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
Use to use ign.com, but found my reviews and theirs always differ, a lot.
Recently I've been hitting 1up on a regular basis, as I find their reviews seem to be right on, as ign is more biased.

Epic22

Oct 18, 2007
ign is the best for everything IMO, however I do browse through Pcgamer from time to time

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
A combination of Metacritic and opinions on the forum. If there is a demo that will usually determine whether I buy the game or not.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This one.
Cant trust any professionals since they dont see things clearly anymore but they still have an agenda.

Listening to people go back and forth here at Anandtech I usually get a feel for a game and if I may like it or not. Nobody is getting paid so they can be trusted to tell the truth, though sometimes they are too simple and a little incomplete in their reviews.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
I got a free year's subscription for Games for Windows, which basically is 1up, and they remind me a lot of early PCGamer, when Vederman was still hardware creepy and they had real reviews. I think I'll be reading their stuff online from now on :)

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Gamespot, I usually find their reviews not too off from everyone else's and in turn are not too off from the game itself.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
I don't trust any of them so I read all of them. I like Gamespot's video reviews though. Whenever I try to read a Gamespot review my eyes sort of lose focus and I lose consciousness. My only complaint about them is that that Greg Kasavin has the charisma of a corpse.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I mostly use HERE and IGN. I go by IGN reader review more than IGNs staff.

Zbox

Aug 29, 2003
pcgamer made me lol in my innermost being when their crysis optimization guide recommended the killer nic.