Which one of these DAC/AMP's would you choose?

Which one of these DAC/AMP's would you choose?

• Schiit Fulla 2

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • AudioQuest - DragonFly Black 1.5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FiiO E10K USB DAC

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

MtSeldon

Jan 13, 2014
I tried a LG Hi-Fi DAC with a Sennheiser 598. Some reviews say it's not an uprage over my motherboard onboard audio (Asus Maximus Hero VI ) but my impression was it was significantly better than the onboard one. It's drivers were full of bugs so i unplugged it but now I don't want to return to the low quality dac of the mb.

I found three DAC's that I can buy.

1. Schiit Fulla 2
  2. AudioQuest - DragonFly Black 1.5
  3. FiiO E10K USB DAC
It will be connected to my desktop computer , so I don't need it to be portable.My budget for this is around 100usd . Headphones that I am going to use with it will be in the Sennheiser 600 series range mostly. Sound quality is my first priority.

I don't know much about DAC's . I guess specs wise AudioDragon and Schiit is better ,but does it relate to real usage? Which one of these would you recommend? Is there any other alternative you can recommend?

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Unless you are running a very old PC or say a bare bones stock Dell, I wouldn't waste money on a DAC/AMP combo. The E10K is a solid choice for lower impedance cans or IEMs, but not really the best for HD600s. I have one for my IEM's at work and it made a massive difference for that particular application.

I'd grab a Magni amp seeing as you've got a Max Hero as your MB as a DAC is largely going to be a waste of money.