which of these 2 car speakers are better?

bizmark

Banned
Feb 4, 2002
The ts-a6985. They have rubber surrounds on the woofer instead of cloth, which = better, louder bass, with less distortion. The materials used in the midrange and woofer voice coil are better. They also have a super-tweeter, which IMO isn't all that great of an improvement, but hey what the hell. It will probably help it play louder.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
One thing to keep in mind is that the TS-A6985 can handle a lot more power than the TS-906 which is something to keep in mind if you plan on hooking these up to an amp.

jkoXP

Banned
Dec 14, 2001
yes i was thinking abotu the 2nd option, i like how they are 4 way speakers too

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

<< yes i was thinking abotu the 2nd option, i like how they are 4 way speakers too >>

I've actualy heard from a couple places that 4-way speakers are really harsh
are these the 2 speakers that you are limited to?

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
You can save your hearing, and a lot of money by using my philosophy. Mellow. Listen to your music at a mellow volume. Trust me, you'll like it better in 30 years. Anyways, why don't you not spend a lot of money in your car, and spend it on your home system. How much time are you really in your care for anyways?

Bye!

Theslowone

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
Not saying anything about your selections, because pioneer is decent but why limit yourself to just them, for that cost you could get a good pair of jls or eclipse.

jkoXP

Banned
Dec 14, 2001

<< You can save your hearing, and a lot of money by using my philosophy. Mellow. Listen to your music at a mellow volume. Trust me, you'll like it better in 30 years. Anyways, why don't you not spend a lot of money in your car, and spend it on your home system. How much time are you really in your care for anyways?

Bye!
>>

well i dont listen to it loud. and my xbox is hooked up to my home theature system so it sounds really good

jkoXP

Banned
Dec 14, 2001

<<

<< yes i was thinking abotu the 2nd option, i like how they are 4 way speakers too >>

I've actualy heard from a couple places that 4-way speakers are really harsh
are these the 2 speakers that you are limited to?
>>

harsh? what do you mean??

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

<< harsh? what do you mean?? >>

from what I've heard,the upper range sounds harsh because of the super-tweeter. If you don't know what 'harsh' sounds like, it's hard to explain, but it's not a good sound.
also, why are you limited to pioneer? You can probably get a very good 2-way speaker for about the same price.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001

harsh.. ick hate that. from my limited experience silk dome tweeters aren't harsh:p i think the polk dx6? series has em..and infinitys:)

jkoXP

Banned
Dec 14, 2001
ok, how baout 3 way speakers? what would you reccomend for the same price range? i want good speakers... i like pioneer cus of their good quality, ie had good experience with them

jkoXP

Banned
Dec 14, 2001
can someone answer my ? above this post please?

and also, i have a sub and amp in my old car, and its too much bass (150 watt amp with 12" sub), i dont listen to it loud anyways. but, my moms car has stock speakers, and stock radio, and the bass on her car (93' lumina) sounds really good...... this is what id want in my car w/o a sub... just speakers, which speakers if not the ones i listed would be the best???