Which of the hacks were the Russians behind

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2006
Sure, but the more likely explanation is that you're thin skinned and lash out at people who make you feel inadequate. You have a very clear tendency to label anyone who shows you to be wrong as a liar.

So again, have you considered why so many people on here think you're a highly dishonest person?
I'll take that as a 'no'.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Forget imaginary scenarios. Stick with what really happened.

America will regret the day we were so naive & foolish as to elect Trump as President with a Repub Congress. Russian psy-ops played no small part in that. They got what they wanted.

Trump voters are not yet ready to admit they were chump voters. A lot of them never will even as Trump & the Repubs are giving them the high hard one.

Isn't the entire Hillary would have won except not for the EC and not for the Russian hacking imaginary scenarios?

I think everybody who voted Hillary or Trump were chumps this election. Only write-ins, people who didn't vote, or 3rd party Presidential voters are the ones I have respect for to be honest.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If they changed the conversation was that a bad thing? People discussed what they discussed, and nothing that was leaked was untrue. Was it wrong of the voting public to know? Was it wrong Trump's tax returns to be leaked? Since he didn't produce it himself, should we have just pretended we didn't see it?

People & organizations have a right to privacy & any breach of that is an attack on common decency. That alone makes it a bad thing. The innuendo, distortion & outright lies built by Repubs on top of that are even more scurrilous.

Trump's tax returns? It was wrong of anybody to vote for him w/o voluntary release of that information. That is not to defend the leaking of a partial return from 20 years ago, either.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Because that's the talking points, jhnnn has mentioned Russian Psy-Ops many times in this thread. It's why Clinton lost doncha know?

What made you think that Russia's attempts were only successful in swing states? None of that makes even the slightest bit of sense.

Nov 30, 2006
Isn't the entire Hillary would have won except not for the EC and not for the Russian hacking imaginary scenarios?

I think everybody who voted Hillary or Trump were chumps this election. Only write-ins, people who didn't vote, or 3rd party Presidential voters are the ones I have respect for to be honest.
I didn't vote for president...just couldn't hold my nose tight enough. Voted Democrat for governor though but mostly Republican otherwise.

I do hope Trump does well though.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
People & organizations have a right to privacy & any breach of that is an attack on common decency. That alone makes it a bad thing. The innuendo, distortion & outright lies built by Repubs on top of that are even more scurrilous.

Trump's tax returns? It was wrong of anybody to vote for him w/o voluntary release of that information. That is not to defend the leaking of a partial return from 20 years ago, either.

The DNC shilling for Hillary was against their by-laws. If sued the emails that the Russians provided could have been found under subpoena. It's likely that that level of corruption could have brought upon an impeachment process.

So yes right to privacy, but they actually could have been sued, and it all was going to get aired out anyways. There were a lot of grumblings in early 2016 that the DNC was rigging it for Hillary anyways. Had there not been grumblings in the first place, Russia may have never bothered to target the DNC.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The DNC shilling for Hillary was against their by-laws. If sued the emails that the Russians provided could have been found under subpoena. It's likely that that level of corruption could have brought upon an impeachment process.

Subpoena? Subpoena from who? Also, impeachment for what? Breaking the DNC bylaws is not a crime.

So yes right to privacy, but they actually could have been sued, and it all was going to get aired out anyways. There were a lot of grumblings in early 2016 that the DNC was rigging it for Hillary anyways. Had there not been grumblings in the first place, Russia may have never bothered to target the DNC.

Sued by who? Sanders? Yeah right.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Russian hacking is one of the many excuses used to explain Hillary's election loss. I can't believe that anyone of sound mind could argue against this point. That said, there are few people on this forum who are as twisted and intellectually dishonest as you are...and that's saying something.

Hillary lost, get over it you hack!

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Subpoena? Subpoena from who? Also, impeachment for what? Breaking the DNC bylaws is not a crime.

Sued by who? Sanders? Yeah right.

The democrats? Class action? Were you not a Bernie supporter in the early stages of the primaries? It was all over the reddit support pages that the DNC was rigging the primaries for her.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The democrats? Class action? Were you not a Bernie supporter in the early stages of the primaries? It was all over the reddit support pages that the DNC was rigging the primaries for her.

What Democrats? Class action by who? Any lawsuit would likely be thrown out if for no other reason than there would be no way the court could provide redress. Outside of that you'd have a very hard time establishing that the DNC had a duty to any Democratic voter that they could be sued over or anything else. They are not actually bound to follow their bylaws by any contract or anything else, it's a voluntary, private organization.

No though, I was never a Bernie supporter in the primary, I found his policies to be kind of untethered from reality. It's a similar problem to most Republican policies, they were just statements of goals and then when you tried to look at how he would actually accomplish them there was no meat there. I mean I would have voted for him over Trump, but I would have voted for functionally anyone over Trump.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
What Democrats? Class action by who? Any lawsuit would likely be thrown out if for no other reason than there would be no way the court could provide redress. Outside of that you'd have a very hard time establishing that the DNC had a duty to any Democratic voter that they could be sued over or anything else. They are not actually bound to follow their bylaws by any contract or anything else, it's a voluntary, private organization.

No though, I was never a Bernie supporter in the primary, I found his policies to be kind of untethered from reality. It's a similar problem to most Republican policies, they were just statements of goals and then when you tried to look at how he would actually accomplish them there was no meat there. I mean I would have voted for him over Trump, but I would have voted for functionally anyone over Trump.

Apparently it is in court right now. I believe the "class" is the DNC donors. I am unable to find if the DNC's motion to dismiss was successful.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Apparently it is in court right now. I believe the "class" is the DNC donors. I am unable to find if the DNC's motion to dismiss was successful.

Let's just say that I find it unlikely they will succeed.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Reading more into this. The DNC had server and security issues back in December of 2015.

The campaign initially filed the lawsuit in December after a controversy late last year in which Sanders staffers improperly accessed information from Hillary Clinton’s data file after a firewall between the campaigns’ information was inadvertently dropped.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/bernie-sanders-dnc-lawsuit-campaign-222659

But in a separate statement, the DNC said that the independent investigation by CrowdStrike agreed upon by the Sanders campaign and the DNC “identified evidence of unauthorized access via four user accounts from the Bernie 2016 campaign. All unauthorized access occurred during a one-hour period from 10:41 to 11:42 EST on December 16, 2015.”

“During that time, the four users conducted 25 searches using proprietary Hillary for America score data across 11 states. All of the results of these searches were saved within the VoteBuilder system, with the exception of one instance where a user exported a statistical summary of a search using HFA scoring in New Hampshire,” the DNC statement said. “CrowdStrike found no evidence of unauthorized access by the Hillary for America or O’Malley for President campaigns. Today, the Sanders campaign also voluntarily dismissed the breach of contract action pending against the DNC.”

What if Bernie got hacked and the campaign map was in Russias hands as early as December 2015?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Clinton's server she used as SoS has not been shown to have been hacked. Redacted contents have been released via FOIA. The Guccifer 2.0 claim of hacking the CF email system appears to be a hoax, the documents the result of the DCCC/DNC hack-

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...-hack-of-clinton-foundation-raises-suspicions
Kind of suspicious that professional hackers with all the resources of the entire Russian government couldn't hack into a server of which they obviously knew, with no real-time security monitoring, which didn't even have encryption for some time.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Kind of suspicious that professional hackers with all the resources of the entire Russian government couldn't hack into a server of which they obviously knew, with no real-time security monitoring, which didn't even have encryption for some time.

No great surprise if the server's security wasn't as terrible as the right wing tech iterates kept insisting it was.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Just face it Clinton failed to reach out to voters in the states that mattered whereas Trump did. Clinton ignored some of them.
Yes, but only because the Russians hacked her "To-do" list and changed "Campaign in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan" to "Make weird face, cackle insanely, and spasm like bovine dying from mad cow disease". Totally not her fault.

In fact, that whole thing where she was loaded into the van like luggage? Russians hacked into Hillary herself and shut down her brain. True story. I can't show you the evidence or even describe it because of national security, but it's there and it's yuuuge. It's the greatest evidence ever.

Oh, interesting! It's interesting that you would look at a hostile foreign power engaging in unprecedented interference with our elections as primarily an issue about making excuses for who lost instead of...well... a really big fucking deal in its own right. Things like this really show how sick partisanship has become in our society. I hope you can overcome this as it's really poisoning your mind.
Are you claiming that the Chinese are not a hostile nation, or that somehow they dropped millions getting Bill elected by accident?

It is unintentionally hilarious to see you complaining about partisanship.

I have no idea why you're linking random Huffington Post articles, but it's always good to see a 'who, me?' from you! That's definitely my favorite DSF-ism.

You know the saying that nobody has as many locks on their door as a burglar? Nobody tries to call other people weasels as much as a professional weasel like you. Your unrelenting, shifty dishonesty is always fun to tease.
This is also unintentionally hilarious. Three more fingers pointing back at you.