Which of the hacks were the Russians behind

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Physician, heal thyself.

Yeah, the guy who ISN'T trying to frame an intervention into our election by a hostile foreign power as a partisan issue is the guy with a problem.

If your partisanship is so strong that even something like this can't crack it you've really ended up in a dark place. My sincere hopes that you can get better.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What are you talking about? I am saying that the hacks, DNC corruption, and I guess throw the FBI warrant in there too all played a big role. The first fault no matter how you look at it lies with Hillary though. If she had possessed competency with email, and if she did not have the DNC wrapped up in her political machine, none of this would have happened.

Forget imaginary scenarios. Stick with what really happened.

America will regret the day we were so naive & foolish as to elect Trump as President with a Repub Congress. Russian psy-ops played no small part in that. They got what they wanted.

Trump voters are not yet ready to admit they were chump voters. A lot of them never will even as Trump & the Repubs are giving them the high hard one.

Nov 30, 2006
Yeah, the guy who ISN'T trying to frame an intervention into our election by a hostile foreign power as a partisan issue is the guy with a problem.

If your partisanship is so strong that even something like this can't crack it you've really ended up in a dark place. My sincere hopes that you can get better.
I'm NOT trying to frame an intervention into our election by a hostile foreign power as a partisan issue. That's all you. However, if this is really a problem for you then you should have your hands full with those on the left using this as a partisan issue in a way to delegitimatize Trump's election win. I must have somehow missed your outrage. Funny how that works.

Dude...wtf is your problem? Hemorrhoids acting up again?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Let's all take a step back for a moment. Did Russian hacking influence voters in the election? There's no way to say with any certainty whether it did or it didn't. It's impossible to measure. But the simple fact is that Hillary and her campaign had plenty of other flaws that you could blame for voters choosing Trump. Hell, I'd argue that Comey dumping a bombshell (that turned out to be nothing) weeks before the election had a bigger impact, but even that would be difficult to prove.

However, we do know that plenty of voters decided for Mr. Trump despite all of *his* flaws. They picked him despite the fact that he has no government experience (remember when the Right used that as a knock against Obama?) They picked him despite the fact that he's deliberately devisive amongst racial, socioeconomic, religious and other groups (remember when that was a knock against Obama?) They picked him despite the fact he's the very definition of a coastal, billionaire elite and TV personality. He's a fucking walking contradiction of what a conservative Republican is and they picked him anyway.

Basically, before we give these voters an out to blame Russia or blame anyone else for how they voted, they need to OWN UP for why they voted for Trump despite all these other issues. Especially if he turns out to be the President that everyone expected him to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm NOT trying to frame an intervention into our election by a hostile foreign power as a partisan issue. That's all you.

Yes, that's why you're framing it as an 'excuse'. You realize people can read what you write, right? When you describe something as an 'excuse' that's exactly what you're doing. Are you so sick that you are even fooling yourself somehow?

However, if this is really a problem for you then you should have your hands full with those on the left using this as a partisan issue in a way to delegitimatize Trump's election win. I must have somehow missed your outrage. Funny how that works.

How is it funny? Do you have a specific series of posts you believe I should respond to?

Dude...wtf is your problem? Hemorrhoids acting up again?

No problems here! You have incredibly thin skin for someone who so frequently insults other people.

Also, wouldn't hemorrhoids make it less likely to post on here as sitting down would be painful? Just a thought.

Nov 30, 2006
Yes, that's why you're framing it as an 'excuse'. You realize people can read what you write, right? When you describe something as an 'excuse' that's exactly what you're doing. Are you so sick that you are even fooling yourself somehow?
So let me get this straight...Democrats are not using the Russian hacks as one of their many excuses for Hillary's loss?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So let me get this straight...Democrats are not using the Russian hacks as one of their many excuses for Hillary's loss?

Why would you frame it as an 'excuse'? It's something that happened that likely affected the election. No rational and objective person can deny that, yet every time someone brings it up people like yourself immediately try and dismiss it by saying it's 'making excuses'. The election is over, so put the partisanship aside and discuss the real, important issue.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

One of many things that went wrong with the election, yes, but not *the* reason she lost. Maybe the Millenials and some miseducated folks will say otherwise.

If I were to chalk up her loss to one thing, it would be not bridging the gap between her campaign and Bernie's campaign sooner. She should've owned it, to the point of replacing key people on her staff with Bernie's people and coming you with a unified general election campaign prior to the convention. DWS and DNC and email leaks certainly didn't help, but even after all that her campaign didn't want to touch Bernie's people with a 10 foot pole.

Nov 30, 2006
Why would you frame it as an 'excuse'? It's something that happened that likely affected the election. No rational and objective person can deny that, yet every time someone brings it up people like yourself immediately try and dismiss it by saying it's 'making excuses'. The election is over, so put the partisanship aside and discuss the real, important issue.
Lot's of things affected her election loss and those things are commonly termed as 'excuses' by most of those who are familiar with the English language and its common usage. ROFL...the weasel in you is strong.

Here's one man's perspective...blaming any and everything...except Hillary. lol
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ntons-loss-ranked_us_58459894e4b0496fbcb0c26d

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2006
One of many things that went wrong with the election, yes, but not *the* reason she lost. Maybe the Millenials and some miseducated folks will say otherwise.

If I were to chalk up her loss to one thing, it would be not bridging the gap between her campaign and Bernie's campaign sooner. She should've owned it, to the point of replacing key people on her staff with Bernie's people and coming you with a unified general election campaign prior to the convention. DWS and DNC and email leaks certainly didn't help, but even after all that her campaign didn't want to touch Bernie's people with a 10 foot pole.

I didn't say it was *the* reason she lost. Obviously, there were a number a factors involved...many of which were in her control.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
So you've got nothing, I figured.

Oh I got everything.

You are the one that thinks foreign powers only have "pretend" play at mucking about in our politics and that we can "punish" them in some way that makes them give a damn. Seriously naive.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lot's of things affected her election loss and those things are commonly termed excuses by most of those among us who are familiar with the English language and its usage. ROFL...the weasel in you is strong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ntons-loss-ranked_us_58459894e4b0496fbcb0c26d

I have no idea why you're linking random Huffington Post articles, but it's always good to see a 'who, me?' from you! That's definitely my favorite DSF-ism.

You know the saying that nobody has as many locks on their door as a burglar? Nobody tries to call other people weasels as much as a professional weasel like you. Your unrelenting, shifty dishonesty is always fun to tease.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Oh I got everything.

You are the one that thinks foreign powers only have "pretend" play at mucking about in our politics and that we can "punish" them in some way that makes them give a damn. Seriously naive.

I of course didn't say any of those things, I said that other countries' willingness to interfere in our internal politics is bounded by how likely they think they are to be caught and what they think the consequences will be if they are. I can't believe something that simple even needs to be explained.

Then again you're the guy who tried to argue with a career lawyer about civil prosecutors because you helped your mom study for the bar or something and then tried to tell someone who was actually in the navy about navy firearms policy because your uncle was in it or something. Endless laughs from both of those.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
I of course didn't say any of those things, I said that other countries' willingness to interfere in our internal politics is bounded by how likely they think they are to be caught and what they think the consequences will be if they are. I can't believe something that simple even needs to be explained.

Not really, you have no idea the lengths most foreign powers constantly try to intervene in the American political process all the time. It has nothing to do with being caught or not. That isn't even a factor. It is literally what they can do period short of starting a war unless a war is what they want. IE terrorism which does exist or have you forgotten 9/11? Again you are blissfully ignorant if you think hostile foreign powers give a damn about being caught or consequences like you are trying to rationalize. People here have been assassinated by foreign powers, spies are real, espionage is real, and if we didn't try to protect ourselves we as a nation would not exist. The fact that Russia just spread some fud and leaked some hacked emails is barely a blip at what they've done in the past and will do in the future. It's a red herring that doesn't matter.

Then again you're the guy who tried to argue with a career lawyer about civil prosecutors because you helped your mom study for the bar or something and then tried to tell someone who was actually in the navy about navy firearms policy because your uncle was in it or something. Endless laughs from both of those.

And this is where you still have nothing.

Nov 30, 2006
I have no idea why you're linking random Huffington Post articles, but it's always good to see a 'who, me?' from you! That's definitely my favorite DSF-ism.

You know the saying that nobody has as many locks on their door as a burglar? Nobody tries to call other people weasels as much as a professional weasel like you. Your unrelenting, shifty dishonesty is always fun to tease.
Russian hacking is one of the many excuses used to explain Hillary's election loss. I can't believe that anyone of sound mind could argue against this point. That said, there are few people on this forum who are as twisted and intellectually dishonest as you are...and that's saying something.

Last edited:
Reactions: PokerGuy

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not really, you have no idea the lengths most foreign powers constantly try to intervene in the American political process all the time. It has nothing to do with being caught or not. That isn't even a factor. It is literally what they can do period short of starting a war unless a war is what they want. IE terrorism which does exist or have you forgotten 9/11? Again you are blissfully ignorant if you think hostile foreign powers give a damn about being caught or consequences like you are trying to rationalize. People here have been assassinated by foreign powers, spies are real, espionage is real, and if we didn't try to protect ourselves we as a nation would not exist. The fact that Russia just spread some fud and leaked some hacked emails is barely a blip at what they've done in the past and will do in the future. It's a red herring that doesn't matter.

This is pure, babbling nonsense. By all means provide examples and sources that show foreign powers are indifferent to consequences or being caught when trying to intervene in US affairs, short of military conflict.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Russian hacking is one of the many excuses used to explain Hillary's election loss. I can't believe that anyone of sound mind could argue against this point. That said, there are few people on this forum who are as twisted and intellectually dishonest as you are...and that's saying something.

Have you ever considered why so many people hold that opinion of you?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Have you ever considered that what I'm saying is true?

Sure, but the more likely explanation is that you're thin skinned and lash out at people who make you feel inadequate. You have a very clear tendency to label anyone who shows you to be wrong as a liar.

So again, have you considered why so many people on here think you're a highly dishonest person?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
That's what happens when you start rubbing those little grey cells together.

Russian hacking changed the conversation as did incredible concern trolling for Bernie from God only knows how many different directions. It suppressed Dems' flightiest voters, young progressives, all across the board & just enough in the midwest to serve up a Trump victory.

If they changed the conversation was that a bad thing? People discussed what they discussed, and nothing that was leaked was untrue. Was it wrong of the voting public to know? Was it wrong Trump's tax returns to be leaked? Since he didn't produce it himself, should we have just pretended we didn't see it?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
DWS and DNC and email leaks certainly didn't help, but even after all that her campaign didn't want to touch Bernie's people with a 10 foot pole.

Bullshit. Bernie's people were given unprecedented input to the platform.