Which of the hacks were the Russians behind

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I've asked several times on here but no one has given an answer, assuming these were hacks and not leaks and assuming the Russians were involved, which of the releases were they behind? There were multiple releases throughout the election season that tend to get lumped together but they were distinct and different, which if any were the Russians behind?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
None of them. None of the reports say they were.

The fbi and cia didn't even examine the dnc server. They depended on crowdstrike. Who owns crowdstrike? A Russian dissident.

I like how the Russian intelligence system uses 2yr old script kiddie hacks and social engineering in a mastermind plot to "hack" the election. Ohh, and 4yr old RT shows that aren't even on the air now, according to liar clappers latest report.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
None of them. None of the reports say they were.

The fbi and cia didn't even examine the dnc server. They depended on crowdstrike. Who owns crowdstrike? A Russian dissident.

I like how the Russian intelligence system uses 2yr old script kiddie hacks and social engineering in a mastermind plot to "hack" the election. Ohh, and 4yr old RT shows that aren't even on the air now, according to liar clappers latest report.

All of the reports say they were. Stop lying.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I've asked several times on here but no one has given an answer, assuming these were hacks and not leaks and assuming the Russians were involved, which of the releases were they behind? There were multiple releases throughout the election season that tend to get lumped together but they were distinct and different, which if any were the Russians behind?

The Russians were behind the hack of the DNC and Podesta.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, they use 2yr old utilities commonly found on the deep Web and leave traces of themselves everywhere.

You're right. The CIA, FBI, and NSA's skills pale next to yours. I'm sure you're right and they are wrong.

Yet again I find it hilarious what an incredibly easy mark you are. Trump says it, you buy it. What a chump.

Hell, even Trump is backing away from his claims that the Russians weren't behind it.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
And why haven't these people briefed the house intelligence panel on the supposed hacking, despite several sommons from nunes. Why refuse to testify?

Ohh, remember when clapper testified that there was no bulk data collection and was later proven to have lied, under oath, by the Snowden docs?

That's why they won't testify. These pieces of paper are so covered in caveats that they might as well just be used as shit tickets for their actual value.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
You're right. The CIA, FBI, and NSA's skills pale next to yours. I'm sure you're right and they are wrong.

Yet again I find it hilarious what an incredibly easy mark you are. Trump says it, you buy it. What a chump.

Hell, even Trump is backing away from his claims that the Russians weren't behind it.

argumentum ad verecundiam

Iraq wmds and curveball.

Turns out Sean Penn knew more, in this instance, than the cia and nsa.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I hope this hangs around his fucking head, like they tried to hang the illegitimate birth certificate on Obama. There's a whole swath of this country that will not recognize him.

I read an interesting article about how Trump uses "truth" and notes that he's really no different from his opposition, but he embraces what he does and is open about it. He's the Emperor who knows he has no clothes, but we have been "post-truth" in politics for a long time.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
argumentum ad verecundiam

False. Gotta go back to school on your logical fallacies. It is not a fallacious argument from authority when you are citing the opinion of recognized experts in their area of expertise.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Regardless, the CIA et al don't HAVE to be right, they are just more likely to be right than you or someone totally unqualified (and biased) like Trump.

Iraq wmds and curveball.

Turns out Sean Penn knew more, in this instance, than the cia and nsa.

Anyone who thinks intelligence getting things wrong sometimes is an indictment of intelligence is clueless.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I read an interesting article about how Trump uses "truth" and notes that he's really no different from his opposition, but he embraces what he does and is open about it. He's the Emperor who knows he has no clothes, but we have been "post-truth" in politics for a long time.

This is a dangerous false equivalence. While it's true that all politicians lie, there has been no equivalent character on the left that comes even close to the sheer quantity or character of Trump's lies. It's not even the same ballpark.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And why haven't these people briefed the house intelligence panel on the supposed hacking, despite several sommons from nunes. Why refuse to testify?

They haven't refused to testify, they said they would share it with the House once the work was completed. It was ready to share yesterday.

I don't know how you were duped into believing otherwise but like I said you're kind of an easy mark.

Ohh, remember when clapper testified that there was no bulk data collection and was later proven to have lied, under oath, by the Snowden docs?

That's why they won't testify. These pieces of paper are so covered in caveats that they might as well just be used as shit tickets for their actual value.

Can you tell us the experience or training with intelligence products that leads you to this judgment?

If you're just making up bullshit you can say that too.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
This is a dangerous false equivalence. While it's true that all politicians lie, there has been no equivalent character on the left that comes even close to the sheer quantity or character of Trump's lies. It's not even the same ballpark.

I wish I had the link to make it clearer. The equivalence is that we expect our politicians to lie and we are never really surprised when they do. They know we know but the lies just might not be and they become pleasing platitudes and so we hold those who control real power to a lower standard that we would our family or friends. We'll make excuses for them, well if they are "our guy" or gal as the case may be. "Yeah what about YOUR scoundrel". No self accountability. That's the equivalence.

The rest of it is unique. Trump is the first candidate who realized that the old Puritan concepts of honesty and principle have been long gone. So he uses the outrageous and he knows we all know he lies about it. But he can stir up people emotionally and uses that most effectively. He's the first of most likely a long line of politicians to realize the state of things to this degree. As someone here said about Hillary "The only thing that matters is that she get elected".

I liked that because it was a sincere statement openly spoken. No "well Trump this or that".

The world is now like this-"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". That being the case we have the situation we find ourselves in. Trump just took better advantage.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The Russians and others have just discovered that our democracy, and maybe all Western democracies, can be manipulated pretty easily with fake news and phishing expeditions (maybe a little bit and maybe a lot) and this is a dangerous thing. My own reaction is that I don't expect another country or interests therein to piously obey our laws concerning election influence. So if Chinese interests donated money to a political campaign, I regard it as self-interest on the part of the Chinese. I can hardly demand that the US be free to meddle in other nations' politics but be considered immune from similar attention.

Although, in the past we made covert and not so covert efforts to influence elections, but it is natural part of foreign policy that all nations engage in a double standard when it comes to actions they perform against others as opposed to actions others perform against them. We willfully bomb other countries that we have people we don't like. Does that mean we shouldn't be bothered, if another country decides to bombs us?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's all right here-

https://icontherecord.tumblr.com/post/155494946443/odni-statement-on-declassified-intelligence

Or just believe Assange & the Russians.

They've achieved optimal results for their efforts with Trump in the White House by virtue of an undemocratic quirk of the electoral college. I'm sure they were giddy with their success before they started knocking back a lot of vodka toasting each other for a job well done.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
John Mcaffee is pretty adamant that the Russians were not involved...but he may be as crazy as Trump...so.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If you look at this Ft Lauderdale shooting the evidence is similar. This guy was a military person, who after he came back from a war zone asked for help for his mental issues, and instead of giving him mental help they fired him for poor performance when the real cause was caused by his Combat Experiences. However, what did the VA do about his case, and why didnt the Military take care of him? He claimed the voices in his head forced him to watch ISIS videos. He Told the FBI this but they did not put him on the no fly list. Homeland security did nothing and the FBI did nothing. Why do we pay these idiots for a bunch of nothing? These are the same Intelligence people telling lies. These are the same Intelligence professionals that lied about the NSA not spying on Americans.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
It's all right here-

https://icontherecord.tumblr.com/post/155494946443/odni-statement-on-declassified-intelligence

Or just believe Assange & the Russians.

They've achieved optimal results for their efforts with Trump in the White House by virtue of an undemocratic quirk of the electoral college. I'm sure they were giddy with their success before they started knocking back a lot of vodka toasting each other for a job well done.
It's not a bug or a glitch it's a feature

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
The Russians were behind the hack of the DNC and Podesta.

Yep, they sure did 'hack' ole password is "password" Podesta.

Its not like the guy fell for a simple phishing scam and whoever gained access decided to forward it to wikileaks upon seeing the contents.

I do love just how damn far Assange has fallen from grace compared to when President Bush was in office.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999