Which new logo do ya like? (Added a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
How did you do that reverse beveling in the last couple logos? Those are cool. Can you do that with PS's built in bevel?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0
How did you do that reverse beveling in the last couple logos? Those are cool. Can you do that with PS's built in bevel?

I WISH there was an easier way. I took the letter into its own picture, reversed it, and pasted it back in.

Adrian Tung

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I like #4 and #6, but I have to ask: is there any significance/symbolism in either the 'e' or the 'x'? Just asking because personally, a logo usually represents something significant - so if I'm designing my own logos I'd have some sort of symbolism in them. Putting something in just for the coolness factor just doesn't do it for me. Just my 2 cents.

:)atwl

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Adrian Tung
I like #4 and #6, but I have to ask: is there any significance/symbolism in either the 'e' or the 'x'? Just asking because personally, a logo usually represents something significant - so if I'm designing my own logos I'd have some sort of symbolism in them. Putting something in just for the coolness factor just doesn't do it for me. Just my 2 cents.

I got turned off of symbolism after having to dissect 'Old Man and the Sea' back in high school. Im just trying to make something that looks good.

Adrian Tung

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: aphexII

I WISH there was an easier way. I took the letter into its own picture, reversed it, and pasted it back in.

Yes you can, it's called Inner Shadow.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001

OOpps... I read that too fast. I thought he was talking about the reverse E's. I need to read more carefully :)

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
in 6 and 7, the first thing I read is this:

aphe systems X

5 I *just* noticed how it was different than 4, and it doesn't look right in my eyes.

I still like 3, since it is simple enough, it's easy to read, but it's eye-catching to me.

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001

OOpps... I read that too fast. I thought he was talking about the reverse E's. I need to read more carefully :)

to do the reverse E's, just put it on it's own layer, and go edit>transform>flip horizontal, or if it's not on it's own layer, do a free transform (edit>free transform) make a box around it, and go edit>transform>flip horizontal.

that should work...too lazy to open PS to make sure, but, I'm sure that's correct :)