Which movie this weekend?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I think Shoot Em Up is more of a rental.

I would see 3:10 to Yuma (Christian Bale & Russell Crowe).

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I want to see 3:10, but without seeing it as of yet, it seems like a movie that although I would likely heavily enjoy it... I'd probably rather rent it later on and enjoy it from the comfort of my own home. I already know that Shoot Em Up is going to be a must-buy on BD as soon as it is released. I saw it last night as the last movie I get to screen as an employee until I start workin again (quit for school, but will be re-hired as soon as I want, that's how I got the job back this summer).

It's a definite must see for fans of shooters, especially the classic type. In a way, it practically rises above all the movies in the genre that it uses as material to spoof. The entire movie is one big cliche, and is so packed full of action that comes off as overly cliche, but the team behind the movie knows its cliche and everything is executed so perfectly. It's really great to watch Owen and Giamatti go at it in many scenes.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I'm going to see Shoot 'Em Up and maybe 3:10 to Yuma, but I'm not sure on 3:10...

Balls of Fury was horrible, I wouldn't recommend wasting your time on that crapfest.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Both...and honestly, despite Shoot 'Em Up looking to be so over the top, I'm quite torn between the two movies. Great casts all around and I'm sure they're both good movies in their own respects. I'll see one after the gym tomorrow, it's in my schedule :p

Skeeedunt

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
WTF is shoot em up? Is that even a real movie?

Originally posted by: RossMAN
I would see 3:10 to Yuma (Christian Bale & Russell Crowe).

Mmm dreamy...

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
My choice would be Shoot 'em up. I like Clive Owen, and I like people shooting things up. Not excited about a western.

Plus, if I'm seeing either of those movies it means I'm out without my wife. Gotta take advantage of those rare occasions to fit in as much on-screen violence as possible.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade
i really don't mind which one we see. ;)

Oh wai harro... let's go see 3:10 to Yuma, 'cause I already saw Shoot 'Em Up today :p.

I thought Shoot 'Em Up was fun, but do not ... and I mean do not go into it expecting a detailed story or really much of a story. The entire point is to be more like some Chinese action film where it's 99.9% action and crazy off-the-wall gun fights. I saw some reviews that claimed it was more of a satire on these action films, I thought of it as more of an American John Woo-esque film.

Oh and I have never seen more people killed by vegetables than in that movie :p.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Oh and best part of Shoot 'Em Up for me was when Clive Owen gets pissed at this guy for not using his turn signal and starts bitching about it in one of his "You know what I hate...?" rants :p. Then the guy litters and he smashes into the side of the guy's fancy car and makes the no-turn-signal-using bastard run into a parked car :p.

Reminds me of myself and how pissed I get while driving for stuff like that :p.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Yuma was boring IMO. I like drama/action movies (Tombstone is one of my favs) but Yuma just didn't deliver.