Which motherboard should I get for a Core i5-3570K?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
+1 for the Gigabyte boards. I've been running my new build (in sig below) now about the last month and it's been rock solid, no complaints. Newegg was just running a promo for the GA-Z77-D3H with 8GB free DDR3 for $109.99 and free 2 day shipping (figures after I just bought it). I see it's ended now but I would imagine it might come again soon. Even still I have no regrets paying $119.99 for the board. I'm currently at 4.2Ghz with everything on auto. These unlocked processors are the greatest thing since unlocked processors (yeah I'm old enough to remember the days before Intel started locking them). Anyway I'm Prime95 stable (I only run for 3 hours, enough for me) and CPU-Z is reporting voltages of 1.152 during Prime95 and hitting a max temp of 67°C. It doesn't get much simpler than that. Next week I'm bumping up to 4.3.

I've also been pleasantly surprised by the VIA onboard audio. Enough to make me retire my Soundblaster Xfi card, which admittedly gave me some installation issues and has no front panel connector (Creative wants you to buy their overpriced front panel ding dong). The VIA sound control panel software has pretty much any adjustments you need and without all the Creative software bloat. The only thing I don't think it supports is EAX but 3D positional audio in games works just fine.

Last edited:

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
I haven't had any issues with it, but tbh, i'm not even sure if I've tried the mic yet. I'll play with it tonight and let you know.

No issues with mine either but I've got my mic running off the back panel connector. Haven't tried it on the front yet.