which mobo for my e7200

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
I have the itch and want a new motherboard. I am thinking about another Gigabyte or ASUS. I don't know jack about the P35,X35,P45, and X45 chipsets. I'd like the option to go Crossfire, but won't be doing so anytime soon. I will OC, and would like something a bit more simple to do so than this DS3. My specs are in sig...

This one looks good and budget freindly, any good? Text

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
I've found crossfire and sli are not very useful for doubling up on previous generation cards for performance- seems only useful for getting performance higher than the best single cards out- in terms of scaling, performance, and money. I can overclock my e7200 to ~4ghz on my p5n-d w/ the 750i chipset. I really like having a chipset that can unlock the ram dividers... it's useful in initial overclocking, as well as problem shooting if the need ever arises.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Yeah as far as Crossfire goes, I would just like the option open. I don't see me hanging on to this 3870 much longer, and will replace it sometime in the near future. My OCing on this old DS3 seems to be getting less and less, maybe it's the CPU, but it seems like the board. I will most likely grab the P5Q Pro, and go from there. After reading some of the posts here on it, I like it.