Which manufacturers offer trade-in/trade-up incentives?

panfist

Sep 4, 2007
List of manufacturers with trade-in / trade-up:

EVGA 90 days
BFG 100 days

XFX Double lifetime warranty, 2nd owner gets a lifetime warranty. This deserves an honorable mention because it theoretically can increase the resale value of your card. [My editorial comment: this will probably help more for video cards which are popular for SLI as demand could stay higher for a longer period of time.]

----------------------------------------------------
Original thread
I just saw some news advertising a new trade-in program offered from BFG that lets you trade in your graphics card for 100% of it's original purchase price with 100 days of original purchase.

I was wondering if there were any other brands that offered something similar.

I have an x1900xt 512 and I was considering upgrading to a 9600GT. If I bought from a vendor with a trade-in program then if I decide I want more performance I have two options: trade up or get another 9600GT for SLI. That's nice right?

If there are any other brands other than BFG that do this please share it here.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
I noticed the BFG option the other day.

Good to see another manufacturer getting onboard with the trade in plans.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: n7
I noticed the BFG option the other day.

Good to see another manufacturer getting onboard with the trade in plans.

All EVGA needs to do now is give me 2 1/2 year stepup and I would buy the GX2 yesterday. :D

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
I didn't know this. How is BFG's customer service compared to EVGA ?

imported_wired247

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2008
XFX is nice due to the double lifetime warranty. It should be easier to resell in theory (if you know you won't be stepping up after 90 days) because the lifetime warranty gets transferred to the second owner as long as you register the card 's S/N on their website.

If you think you might step up, then I'd go eVGA.

BFG (IIRC) has a clause in their warranty that they have a 1 year limited warranty on their video cards' fans. That is kinda shady if you ask me because chances are, the fan will eventually crap out. I'd rather have XFX lifetime when it does.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: JPB

From what I have read some say better some say just as good.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
Originally posted by: wired247

BFG (IIRC) has a clause in their warranty that they have a 1 year limited warranty on their video cards' fans. That is kinda shady if you ask me because chances are, the fan will eventually crap out. I'd rather have XFX lifetime when it does.

can u show us where it says this? i'm pretty concerned cuz their warranty doesn't cover the changing of their video card coolers either.

panfist

Sep 4, 2007
Louisss which company's warranty doesn't cover changing the cooler? Does ANY video card company warranty apply if you change the cooler?

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Originally posted by: panfist
Louisss which company's warranty doesn't cover changing the cooler? Does ANY video card company warranty apply if you change the cooler?
Yes, EVGA.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: JPB

I've heard BFG has pretty good customer service. However, along with their Trade-up program they also revised their warranty terms. Now, just as with EVGA and XFX, you have to register the card with them on their web site within 30 days of purchasing to get the longer warranty, otherwise you only get a year.

IMO I think this is to "enforce" the "original owner" bit of warranty coverage.