Which leader gave better speeches?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Which one and why?

Hilter gave some very impassioned speeches, mostly nasty, but still....

Trudeau was one of our Prime Ministers and he gave some very killer speeches especially in October 1970.

slurmsmackenzie

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
adolf all the way. he found a weakness and exploited it.... in his own people!
he found a common direction for all of their anger and depression. not on the list, but thomas payne was quiet the orator\ writer.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
I think the obvious choice is Hitler, but unfortunately I do not know the German language and thus cannot judge how he used it. With him eliminated, I go with JFK.. who I hope wrote his own speeches, but probably didn't and that would make him a much worse orator.

GoodToGo

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Bush does not belong in that list.

My pick is Churchill, at one time of the war, Britain was getting bombed like crazy and he was a very inspirational leader throughout the campaign. He led Britain through the darkest times IMO.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: notfred
Hitler, JFK, Churchill. Why the hell is Bush even on that list?
LOL

I am trying to be inclusive.

I will add more

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Why no Reagan? He was a better english orator than anyone else on that list, except maybe churchill, but churchill lost a few elections.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
Bush is there because I thought I would include him too.

But he can't speak his way out of a paper bag.

I'll go with Kennedy, for speeches like "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." I find that inspiring.

However, I can't really give an informative answer unless I review speeches from the others.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
I've often wished I had the public speaking ability of Hitler. The man was a fanatical idiot and a monster on a grand scale but damn that man could give a a speech.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well, I'm going to say Lincoln. I've read some of his speeches, and they are pure genious IMO.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
jfk/hitler/clinton/lincoln in no particular order. jfk is tops on all aspects though. hitler, well the results speak for themselves, but i don't understand german and he just sounds silly now, clinton i heard in person, he is definetly a great speaker, lincoln did write good speeches. but from accounts his voice was less then inspiring.