Which is Most Likely to Happen in the Next 50 Years?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which is Most Likely to Happen in the Next 50 Years?

• First Hispanic President

• First Female President

• First Gay President

• First Asian President

• More than one are likely to happen

• None of the above are likely to happen

Results are only viewable after voting.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I see Female or Hispanic happening before gay or (openly) atheist. Then again, either could have happened already in a non-open way.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Go Palin Go!
First Female President.

Democrats had a chance to nominate Hillary.

It would even be better if Palin and Hillary were both nominated to run against each other.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Go Palin Go!
First Female President.

Democrats had a chance to nominate Hillary.

It would even be better if Palin and Hillary were both nominated to run against each other.

Palin is campaigning for McCain, as such I will never vote for her.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
We witnessed a great day in our Nation's history with the first black President. Which got me thinking if we're likely to see another historic event like that anytime again in the near future.

Thoughts?

The Time Of The Prophet. (Christian Taliban takes over US) Heinlein??

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Global darkening with half the population say it's going on and the other half denying it.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If Liberals have their way, the continued pussification of America.

If conservatives have their way they will destroy the United states of America from the inside out!! Just like Bush was doing.....

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Wouldn't it make sense to get over voting by race and avoid a lot of trouble? Lets just elect a handicapped black/asain lesbian cross dressing dwarf and get over all the "we're such fucking color blind progressive thinking all around swell white people" bullshit at once.
I'm tired of the race obsession, I'm tired of everyone having to define themselves as belonging to some lame ass group or another. And I'm really tired of all those little groups telling me how I owe them something because they decided to call them selves victims.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Wouldn't it make sense to get over voting by race and avoid a lot of trouble? Lets just elect a handicapped black/asain lesbian cross dressing dwarf and get over all the "we're such fucking color blind progressive thinking all around swell white people" bullshit at once.
I'm tired of the race obsession, I'm tired of everyone having to define themselves as belonging to some lame ass group or another. And I'm really tired of all those little groups telling me how I owe them something because they decided to call them selves victims.

Greenman for president!!!!

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Obama is only 1/2 back so there is still the possibility of a first black President.

Not that it matters....but I suppose it is like Kennedy being the first Catholic President....it is a milestone that shouldn't really matter.
I agree 100% that it doesn't matter.
Warren G. Harding may have been black. Hell, if the theory of evolution is true, we're all a little black. It's ridiculous how people consider the first black president a milestone, if he even is the first black.

Hispanic, female & Asian Presidents seem like a given to me.

Could've easily have had a woman (HRC) last election. And we've had legit candidates that were Hispanic (Richardson).

Gay? Some claim Lincoln was gay. I'd be surprised if some Presidents weren't Bi.

Fern
James Buchanan was gay.
The realization that if a black man can become president, affirmative action isn't needed?

Or, we'll see the collapse of the USA as a country, to be reformed as a much looser confederation.
I would love to go back to the AoC.

Within 5 0years? The country self-implodes after a couple more massive boom-bust economic cycles, with the global economy hot on our heels, leading to massive civil disturbances and the emergence of a leader who will try to unite the world, with massive world wars to follow. :)
That's the most likely.

The TEA Party will rise to power and dismantle our nation, piece by piece. This will be followed by an era of post-apocalyptic anarchy.
Anarchy is good, it's not chaos. Big government is chaos.

What about first Jewish or Buddhist or Native American president?
Silent Cal was part Native American.
I'm pretty damn sick of it too:)

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I know many of you who posted "the sky is falling!"-type of scenarios were joking or being facetious, but in case I totally misread it and you weren't joking.. please consider the following:

Predictions of mass gloom and doom are frequent, and have been throughout all of human history. Instances where such have actually occurred are many times far less frequent, and in almost all of those situations there was no one sounding the alarm. The moral of the story: don't be truly concerned when everyone else is, be truly worried when everyone else isn't.