Which is faster? UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Salvador, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Salvador

Salvador Diamond Member

I need to ship something and can't decide between Parcel Post and UPS Ground. I used to ship Priority a lot, but since their price hike, it's really not worth it.

Which is faster? Which is better? UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post?

TIA,

Sal

2. amdskip

amdskip Lifer

I would go the usps because ups ground is usually 5-7 days and thats if the package makes it there in good shape.

3. murphy55d

murphy55d Lifer

I'd send it on the Pony Express before I sent it on UPS.

4. Salvador

Salvador Diamond Member

Really? Parcel post says 4 days to get to the destination that I want to send the package (Tennessee from Chicago) and UPS Ground typically takes 2-3 for this distance. Also, I've never had a problem with UPS damaging anything, so I must be lucky in that regard.

Sal

5. MrHappyMonkey

MrHappyMonkey Diamond Member

UPS

With USPS Parcel Post you take a chance on it ariving there in under 3 weeks. USPS will never guarentee a delivery date, just estimate. I once had a mouse shipping from Microsoft to CA and it took 3 weeks. I guess that is normal time.

6. Salvador

Salvador Diamond Member

Well.. I went against my own gut here and went with USPS this time. It cost more than UPS would've, got a lame delivery confirmation instead of an actual tracking code. I had to underinsure it because insurance is so damn much.

Oh well.. Live and learn. I just hope this thing doesn't take 3 weeks because it's a Ebay sale. Gotta keep the positive feedbacks coming in.. ;)

Sal

7. PsychoAndy

PsychoAndy Lifer

all UPS services are guaranteed for delivery. none of USPS services are with the exception of Express.

transit time is dependent on distance

8. PowerMac4Ever

PowerMac4Ever Banned

Don't listen to amdskip, he doesn't know what he's talking about. UPS Ground delivery time is based on distance. It'll be two business days to get there. Maybe three, but most-likely 2.