Which GTX 460 1GB should I get.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
$225 -- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 GV-N460OC-1GI

$255 -- MSI N460GTX Hawk ++ Free 2 game coupons (Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, Dark Void, and Metro 2033) -- not the games that I regularly play, but I wouldn't mind try them out.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
224$ MSI cyclone is the best deal/card, if you don't want the free games.
+ it has a 20$ rebate ,205$ AR is a great deal!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-510-_-Product
Sorry I'm in Canada. and the $20 off on the spot is all ready adjust into the price.

$225 is the lowest GTX 460 1GB that I can get in Canada. The MSI is some what enticing with 2 free games for only $30 premium.

Which card is the better card for OCing with OEM fans?

MSI N460GTX Hawk GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ++ 2 free games at newegg.ca

Last edited:

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003

$255 -- MSI N460GTX Hawk ++ Free 2 game coupons (Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, Dark Void, and Metro 2033) -- not the games that I regularly play, but I wouldn't mind try them out.

A little bit cheaper at Newegg.ca

Both are good cards, the best coolers from all the 460s.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003

Aristotelian

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2010

You have 3 threads on the first page of this video forum. Seriously.

As a regular reader of these forums, it wasn't too long ago that happy_medium posted some sort of factory oc'd 460, including the sale link. I mention the number of threads you have and am implying that using the search function may have answered all of these questions. Enjoy your 460.

Last edited:

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
You have 3 threads on the first page of this video forum. Seriously.

As a regular reader of these forums, it wasn't too long ago that happy_medium posted some sort of factory oc'd 460, including the sale link. I mention the number of threads you have and am implying that using the search function may have answered all of these questions. Enjoy your 460.

iGas , ask all the questions you want, we are glad to help.
Don't listen to people with 15 posts.

Aristotelian

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2010
iGas , ask all the questions you want, we are glad to help.
Don't listen to people with 15 posts.

There was help in my post, including a request that iGas checks your post history to find a link to a good deal on a factory overclocked 460. The point I was making was that it does not seem necessary to have 3 separate threads which essentially attempt to reiterate (time and again) that the 460 is good bang for the buck.

I don't think you want to call me out, happy medium. I have less posts than you, but it's clear that my reading comprehension far surpasses yours, or you would not have dismissed my original post so quickly.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
There was help in my post, including a request that iGas checks your post history to find a link to a good deal on a factory overclocked 460. The point I was making was that it does not seem necessary to have 3 separate threads which essentially attempt to reiterate (time and again) that the 460 is good bang for the buck.

I don't think you want to call me out, happy medium. I have less posts than you, but it's clear that my reading comprehension far surpasses yours, or you would not have dismissed my original post so quickly.

I apologize to you good sir. sincerely.

There is a report button down at the bottom left corner, I thought you were playing armchair mod and being just plain ignorant. Mabe I was wrong. sorry

Last edited:

Madcatatlas

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2010
Well take it from me, a Gainward GTX460 1gb GLH edition owner, it rocks.

Aside from that, id also recommend that Gigabyte card and the Asus Top CU version at 800+ mhz core.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ive had good luck with my MSI Cyclone 1GB, its got a great cooler that's quiet and keeps it cool even with 900Mhz core.

The gigabyte card looks good too, as well as the ASUS top, any of the top tier manufacturer cards will be of high quality.

DEFIANT!

Sep 10, 2010
Just my personal two cents: I have a pair of the Gigabyte cards in SLI, both mildly OC'd to 875 (didn't want to push the heat issue w/them being spaced so closely together) that run anything and everything I throw at them...quite beautifully.

Either card is an optimal solution, but the other thing to consider is whether you have good case ventilation. These cards throw an awful lot of heat into the interior of your case.

santz

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2006
What about the Asus gtx460 1gb DirectCU TOP factory OC'd model ?
Its 209 at amazon (OOS)
235 at newegg,
Other places like superbiz have $15 off coupon code going on which comes to 235 as well!

There are threads in every video card forum site I have come across which is nothing but praises about this card. It also has standard 3 year warranty which also covers OC'ing!

Check the Anandtech Thread
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2095908

UPDATE:
OOS at amazon

OOS at newegg

superbiiz has it for 235 (after using coupon code "TOUCHDOWN" $10 OFF EXPIRES 19/09)
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=...ess-Video-Card

Last edited:

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999

I apologize to you good sir. sincerely.

There is a report button down at the bottom left corner, I thought you were playing armchair mod and being just plain ignorant. Mabe I was wrong. sorry

Thank you guys for amicably resolving your differences in this thread.

This is how it should be, strive to see the other side of the picture and be willing to accept that sometimes that initial jump to a conclusion may have been a tad rash.

The second part of the equation is knowing how to gracefully accept when a poster is trying to right a past wrong.

Just wanted to give some kudos to you both, publicly, since you are setting a good example here in resolving the issue quickly and without escalating it into a flamewar. :thumbsup:

Moderator Idontcare

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Why are these cards still going for more than $200? It looks like they are going to have to drop substantially in price when the new AMD cards come out, no? I guess if you need to have a card today, paying a premium isn't that big an issue. But for most of us, shouldn't we just wait to buy a card like this for a few months?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Why are these cards still going for more than $200? It looks like they are going to have to drop substantially in price when the new AMD cards come out, no? I guess if you need to have a card today, paying a premium isn't that big an issue. But for most of us, shouldn't we just wait to buy a card like this for a few months?

Oh geez...

thujone

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2003
i just upgraded to the cyclone 460 1gb from an 8800gts 320... a well needed upgrade. and an upgrade i was willing to spend like $210 or something on.

and if they go down a bunch in the future... great. i can buy a matching card super cheap. they have fairly amazing SLI scaling iirc.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Oh geez...

Thanks for the help...:rolleyes:

If you read my response, it's a genuine question. I haven't been following the GPU market for about a year, have a 4850 in my gaming rig now, and am in the market for a new GPU. I've been eying these cards since they came out and was hoping that they would be sub-200 given the recent announcements.

Maybe I've missed something, maybe the video card forums are full of trolls and that's what you're used to dealing with. But this, sir, is a genuine question.

Now get back in here and help me out instead of typing post-count increasing fodder.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the help...:rolleyes:

If you read my response, it's a genuine question. I haven't been following the GPU market for about a year, have a 4850 in my gaming rig now, and am in the market for a new GPU. I've been eying these cards since they came out and was hoping that they would be sub-200 given the recent announcements.

Maybe I've missed something, maybe the video card forums are full of trolls and that's what you're used to dealing with. But this, sir, is a genuine question.

Now get back in here and help me out instead of typing post-count increasing fodder.

ok ill give you the benifit of the doubt, i did think you were trolling originally as well but this post made me re-think that.

Untill the ATI cards are actually out and have been tested and reviewed and we have an idea of real world performance there is no point in a price drop, why drop prices because of what you think "may" happen and how the opposistions cards "may" perform?

I think 460 prices will fall withing a month or 2 but only time will tell, you can play the im going to wait for prices drop game forever, sooner or later you just have to pull the trigger. The 460 is a great card i think its worth the $200 IMO.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Just placed an order for an ASUS one. OP I do not know how Amazon.ca works but Amazon.com has the 1GB ASUS version for 210 USD now. No rebates involved. There is no free game either but for me it doesn't matter because I refuse to install Steam client on my system.

Madcatatlas

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2010
offtopic: why lopri? I think i know a few reasons, but im still interested in getting your answer

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Why the ASUS 460? Sorry I am not getting the question.. I've been looking for a 460 1GB and it's the best deal I've found so far.

Edit: OH #$(*@%^)$ Nevermind. I'm canceling the order. I didn't see the "Usually ships in 1 to 2 months!" Argh!