Which glasses do I need to use AMD HD3D?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
But does FastHDMI have a meaningful infrastructure? Where is the support and devices?
So that's the problem. There are plenty of source devices that support it (i.e. basically every video card since the Radeon 7000 series and GeForce 600 series), however there aren't any sink devices I can think of that support better than 1080p at 60Hz. Most sinks are using the greater bandwidth to support frame packed 3D and various side features such as deep color. Even then I cannot even name a device that does 1080p60 3D (60Hz/eye), for example (and again, that's just frame packed 3D).

I mean all of the tech is there, and has been since HDMI 1.3. But no one seems to have done the obvious thing and made a HDMI sink that puts the bandwidth to good use for higher resolutions and/or higher refresh rates. The only place the greater bandwidth is getting used is to support frame packed 3D and 4K resolution video for obvious reasons.

As for HDMI 1.4b, all that did is define a new frame packing format. The physical layer is unchanged.

Last edited:

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
Even then I cannot even name a device that does 1080p60 3D (60Hz/eye), for example (and again, that's just frame packed 3D).

That was my point but the key is with FastHDMI and eventually HDMI 1.4b - the 3d landscape may improve!