Which game to buy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks for the heads up, I think i'll buy the original game for now.. I want to play it safe as this is my first foray into an RPG.
The Witcher... your first RPG? Good luck. :) If you really invest yourself into the storyline, as well as the combat, then you're in for a real treat.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
The Witcher... your first RPG? Good luck. If you really invest yourself into the storyline, as well as the combat, then you're in for a real treat.

Yeah, thanks. :p

Just started downloading, just done with my semester and have some time to spare. The reviews say it will take about 40-60 hours to finish the game. At the rate I am playing at it will take 3-4 months to finish the game. If the game seems compelling, I might finish it off pretty fast.

terry107

Dec 8, 2005

Just started downloading, just done with my semester and have some time to spare. The reviews say it will take about 40-60 hours to finish the game. At the rate I am playing at it will take 3-4 months to finish the game. If the game seems compelling, I might finish it off pretty fast.

Don't give up on it. The story starts off a little slow, but really gets going in Act II.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah, it took me almost 50 hours exact. Unfortunately it's also difficult if you choose to not play it for a couple weeks, and then come back to it wondering what the heck is going on. This didn't actually happen for me though, because I loved it so much.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
How do you consolize a hack and slash?
A lot of the gameplay I've seen looks almost more like an isometric God of War, than a Dungeon Siege style hack and slash. They said there likely won't be hot keys for spells or skills, the multiplayer is limiting, and the inventory as it stands now is quite clearly designed for consoles.

Thatspro

Mar 19, 2011
Probably none of them unless TW2 gets great reviews. Recently got TW1, few parts are annoying me. (Can't jump!? Incorrect map markers ect.)