which fusetalk is right for me?

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
although i don't own the board, there is a jaguar forum that i use on a now-regular basis, but it's an old school forum program that bothers me. I was hoping to raise some money to get a copy of FuseTalk so that they could use it on their server as opposed to whatever they're using now. I was looking at the pricing page and noticed that there were several versions available. Which one do they need? They don't have banners on the site, but what is the fuse-ad thing at the bottom?

-=bmacd=-

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
try one of the free ones like phpbb before you buy anything, if its not good enough then by all means look into fusetalk, and maybe also vbulletin.

basic fusetalk pro should be more than enough for you

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
and btw postcount +1 :p

if you go with fusetalk you must make sure the server its hosted on supports cold fusion, if you are going to host it on your own server then you have to buy cold fusion from macromedia

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Czar
try one of the free ones like phpbb before you buy anything, if its not good enough then by all means look into fusetalk, and maybe also vbulletin. basic fusetalk pro should be more than enough for you

I agree I use the PHPBB on my website works great and the best part it is free!! THose prices are are to steep for a personal BBS IMHO

Ausm

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
it's not so much a personal BBS...but even if i bought the software myself (for under $300ish), then it'd be worth it considering all the use i get out of the forum.

-=bmacd=-

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Let me vote for PhpBB as well. I use it and it is great.

Compare FuseTalk to PhpBB and find out if there are things that FuseTalk offer that PhpBB does not, and determine if it is worth paying $300 for those features.