Which Data Recovery Software do you use?

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
I tried Recuva and it sucks because when restoring the files, it does not maintain thefolder structure it just throws out the millions of files it finds under one folder.

I like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard but the free edition is limited to 1 GB of recovery

any other good alternatives?

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
I back my files up on 3+ HDDs, I back my system up with a full image every 3 days using Acronis across 3+ HDDs.

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
PartedMagic

That's not for data recovery it seems bro. It says it's for partitioning, cloning, etc.
Format internal and external hard drives. Move, copy, create, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions. Clone your hard drive, to create a full backup. Test hard drives for impending failure. Test memory for bad sectors. Benchmark your computer for a performance rating. Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data. Gives access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data. Runs from the CD, no install required.

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
I back my files up on 3+ HDDs, I back my system up with a full image every 3 days using Acronis across 3+ HDDs.

I have Acronis True Image for backup I am looking for data recovery as in if you deleted a file accidently or formatted your HDD/SSD and want to retrieve that data back

memory

Oct 3, 2010
I have used File Scavenger and it worked pretty good. It found all the files I was looking for and a whole lot more. Although some of the files were not readable but not many.

country2

May 1, 2001
oops sorry...you want data recovery not backup not.

getdataback

Last edited:

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
GetDataBack is awesome for me.
I used to use R-Studio, but one time it had difficulty finding my files so I scoured the net for alternatives. GetDataBack had a deeper scan option that ended up finding it. I recovered some pretty corrupt hard drives with GetDataBack, and drives that got formatted and slightly written over.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Active@ UNDELETE is pretty decent:

http://www.active-undelete.com/

Recuva is good for quick recoveries, but has some issues like you pointed out...I usually just download Recuva for quick one-off files or folders that disappeared or were nuked. Also sometimes people move files and just need to find them - I use Everything search:

http://www.voidtools.com/

You can search by partial or full file name, as well as extension. For example, if they know the document had the work "monthly report" in the actual file name (no fuzzy searching like google though), or if it was a 2010 PowerPoint file, you can do *.pptx and then sort by date.

So pretty much those 3 - Everything search for finding lost files, Recuva for quickies, and Active@ UNDELETE for the fun projects.

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
Active@ UNDELETE is pretty decent:

http://www.active-undelete.com/

Recuva is good for quick recoveries, but has some issues like you pointed out...I usually just download Recuva for quick one-off files or folders that disappeared or were nuked. Also sometimes people move files and just need to find them - I use Everything search:

http://www.voidtools.com/

You can search by partial or full file name, as well as extension. For example, if they know the document had the work "monthly report" in the actual file name (no fuzzy searching like google though), or if it was a 2010 PowerPoint file, you can do *.pptx and then sort by date.

So pretty much those 3 - Everything search for finding lost files, Recuva for quickies, and Active@ UNDELETE for the fun projects.

Thanks a lot bro! very good suggestions I must say

I just purchased a license for Active@ UNDELETE Pro

Last edited by a moderator: