Discussion Which COVID-19 vaccine did you get?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

COVID Vaccine

• Moderna

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 55 45.5%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • AstraZeneca

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Not eligible yet

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • QAnon/Bill Gates' nanobots conspiracy option

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I've been wondering if those that read daily BS about bad reactions and/or are very nervous or afraid of the shot have worse reactions than those who want the shot and trust science and doctors.

My sister is constantly telling me horror stories about her facebook friends bad reactions yet I only had a half a day sore arm the next day for both shots and felt a bit run down half a day after the 2nd Pfizer dose. That could have been because I had a hefty drink the two beers the night I got the 2nd shot plus I hadn't slept well that week.
My wife has a lot of patients that tell her they are not getting the vaccine..... Then they get covid and ask if there's anything they can take. The worst thing you can do is not take the vaccine and then expose yourself to the virus....

It's still very potent, dangerous, and the numbers in my local area have been on the rise since March 15th....be safe folks. Hang in there and mask up.

Reactions: balloonshark

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Got the 2nd dose of Pfizer about 6 hours ago. So far I feel totally normal but I'm waiting for something to change that.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Today has sucked. Made it about 3.5 hours at work before taking the rest of the day off. Chills, aches, tingling, lightheaded, and a 101.7 temp when I checked an hour ago. Bleck.

Dec 10, 2005
The first shot should give you antibodies. You should get a reaction out of the second shot that was worse than the first, and the reaction should boost your immunity further. My wife told me not to take acetaminophen or Ibuprofen, so I put up with the bad headaches and slept through my reaction as much as I could.
I just followed the directions on the sheet given out with my J&J shot - said to take acetaminophen or ibuprofen if you have side effects. Acetaminophen came in handy for me, since it works much better at quelling fevers.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I just followed the directions on the sheet given out with my J&J shot - said to take acetaminophen or ibuprofen if you have side effects. Acetaminophen came in handy for me, since it works much better at quelling fevers.
I agree with you and the sheet....my head was hurting bad. I think her point was that not taking something sparks a better reaction. Her office has been advising people to only take pain meds and NSAIDs if symptoms persist more than 8 hours or they have a fever of 101 or higher.

Dec 10, 2005
I agree with you and the sheet....my head was hurting bad. I think her point was that not taking something sparks a better reaction. Her office has been advising people to only take pain meds and NSAIDs if symptoms persist more than 8 hours or they have a fever of 101 or higher.
I see. In my case, I took meds because my fever was over 101; would have done the same for a splitting headache. If it was just some fatigue or a very mild headache, I would have just dealt with it without meds.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I see. In my case, I took meds because my fever was over 101; would have done the same for a splitting headache. If it was just some fatigue or a very mild headache, I would have just dealt with it without meds.
My headache was worse than a typical dehydration-caused hangover headache....was pretty brutal. I really wasn't expecting it because I don't normally get headaches.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
The first shot should give you antibodies. You should get a reaction out of the second shot that was worse than the first, and the reaction should boost your immunity further. My wife told me not to take acetaminophen or Ibuprofen, so I put up with the bad headaches and slept through my reaction as much as I could.
I can understand if some got sick with the 2nd dose of Moderna because it seemed like many here had a rough day after the 2nd dose. Our area was getting Pfizer though. Maybe it was hitting those harder who had covid at one point. I think I read on here having covid at one point meant you may have a a bit of a rough time with the vaccines.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Got the 2nd dose of Pfizer about 6 hours ago. So far I feel totally normal but I'm waiting for something to change that.
Be sure to drink a lot of water to flush out the toxins. They handed out a bottle of water and a bottle of the stinkiest hand sanitizer on earth as we left the building. I drank their bottle, my 24oz bottle and two more 16oz. bottles in the 8 hour period after leaving.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I got my first Moderna shot yesterday afternoon.
I've had a sore arm around the injection site, but nothing else of note.

2nd dose is next month. So I guess we'll see how that goes.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I got my first Moderna shot yesterday afternoon.
I've had a sore arm around the injection site, but nothing else of note.

2nd dose is next month. So I guess we'll see how that goes.
That's all I had with both shots. However my wife got chills and flu like symptoms on her second shot. Hopefully you end up like me. ;)

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
That's all I had with both shots. However my wife got chills and flu like symptoms on her second shot. Hopefully you end up like me. ;)
From what I've read I'm in the age bracket for the highest response to the vaccine, the 20-30 year old category. So I guess we'll see.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm 28 hours after the 2nd Pfizer and no side effects. 45 years old. Does this mean I'm in the clear? I am strong like bull!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
My arm got pretty darned sore, and I was just a little out of sorts the next day. I woke up early (for a Saturday) and normally I'd take that opportunity to go on a walk before the rest of the household was awake, but I just kinda didn't feel like it. Felt more or less back to normal by the evening, and Sunday, I did go for that walk when I woke up before everyone else.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
My arm got pretty darned sore, and I was just a little out of sorts the next day. I woke up early (for a Saturday) and normally I'd take that opportunity to go on a walk before the rest of the household was awake, but I just kinda didn't feel like it. Felt more or less back to normal by the evening, and Sunday, I did go for that walk when I woke up before everyone else.
Basically same for me, got mine on the afternoon friday, arm got a bit sore that evening. Saturday it was really sore most of the day and I felt a bit out of it, not much appetite, by Sunday it was basically done.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
LOL, my bad. I saw a movie that said that and for some odd reason it just stuck with me.

Now that I think about it, that was a Jay and Silent Bob movie. Lol.
So Jay put one in the stink and Bob stayed silent about it? What kind of movies do you watch?