Discussion Which COVID-19 vaccine did you get?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

COVID Vaccine

• Moderna

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 55 45.5%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • AstraZeneca

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Not eligible yet

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • QAnon/Bill Gates' nanobots conspiracy option

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Got my only shot today. The place I booked at didn't say ahead of time what they would give out. Sibling got Pfizer earlier in the week, but today it was only J&J - perfectly fine with that outcome. Any of the 3 EUA shots are good.

Similar situation, I didn't know which shot I was getting until I got to the vaccination site. The person sitting two seats down from me where they were giving the shots got a different vax than I did. Not sure how they determined who got what.

Dec 10, 2005
Similar situation, I didn't know which shot I was getting until I got to the vaccination site. The person sitting two seats down from me where they were giving the shots got a different vax than I did. Not sure how they determined who got what.
At my site, they were asking people as they checked in if they were okay with getting the J&J shot. I have a feeling, this site might have options on some days, just because there seemed to be different lines available (just not in use today).

nisryus

Sep 11, 2007
Wife got her second Pfizer yesterday. She complained that the site where the nurse sticked it in was like being slapped with a wooden bat. Her arm was sore all day. Today a little light head but otherwise she seems fine.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
The reason why moderns and pizer is more used is because of supply, and previous commitments made by the US government.

Reactions: Captante

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Got the J&J a couple weeks ago. Was a remarkably rough ride and I did not expect such a strong response to the vaccine.

Got the shot in the morning, by the afternoon I had a low grade temp, body cramps, generally feeling "sick". Had a troubled nights sleep, and fever dreams.

Woke up and tried to go to work, made it about half the day before I had to go home again. Nausea and cold sweats (my employees were laughing at me and saying its just the hot flashes from menopause :p ...) Just flattened myself out and slept a whole bunch.

I was about 85% and capable of working the following day, although I just felt "off".

By the forth day I was more or less back to normal.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Wife got her second Pfizer yesterday. She complained that the site where the nurse sticked it in was like being slapped with a wooden bat. Her arm was sore all day. Today a little light head but otherwise she seems fine.

800px_COLOURBOX29118044.jpg

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
I got the Moderna. First shot had me feeling run down bad the next day, felt like shit. Second shot I didn't feel as bad but hit a fever of 101.5. I'd do it again but it was rough.

Dec 10, 2005
Definitely feeling the effects of my J&J shot. About 8 hours later, started with a headache, fatigue, and some muscle aches. Time to just crash...

Dec 10, 2005
Definitely feeling the effects of my J&J shot. About 8 hours later, started with a headache, fatigue, and some muscle aches. Time to just crash...
That was rough. Woke up with a 101.3 fever in the middle of the night. Lots of muscle aches and feeling like crap. Hopefully it starts to dissipate today.

Reactions: BudAshes

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
I got Moderna. Within the first hour, the lymph node in that armpit was sore. By bedtime that night, I had the whole hit by a truck feeling. And that was my first shot. Hoping the second goes better.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I got Moderna. Within the first hour, the lymph node in that armpit was sore. By bedtime that night, I had the whole hit by a truck feeling. And that was my first shot. Hoping the second goes better.

As I've mentioned I got it worse from #1 myself .... 6 days in on Moderna #2 now and the only symptoms I have are slightly less than normal energy and appetite.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Got 2nd Moderna shot on Fri. (today is Sun. Apr. 11th). At first, a little arm site soreness, like the first one. A day later, the second shot really hit me, full-body soreness, fever, fatigue, headache, loss of appetite, finally had to break down and take a couple of Aspirin. Was mostly fine Sun., though at 11AM, started to feel feverish again, took two more Aspirin, although muscle soreness (except site) was gone. Appetite returned, ordered contactless Chinese-food delivery.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
83 hours later, no pain on right arm and side effect. Hopefully this J&J vaccine is doing it's work as intended. Went work as usual and did my freight, moving around, using power equipment.

Last edited:

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
God, second P dose in less than 12 hours. Not looking forward to it as I have PT later on that day.

Reactions: jman19

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Copy of my post in P&N:

Minor update for those interested in some more anecdotal expieriences.

Received my first Pfizer shot yesterday at around 830am. About 7.5 hours later noticed a minor fever. (~99.5) - just felt a bit warm. Arm soreness progressed in to the evening.

Today i had some minor general body aches but nothing more than you'd feel from a light workout if you hadn't had one in a while. Arm soreness a lot better. A bit more tired than usual but mild.

YMMV!

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Just had mine an hour ago (Pfizer). I forgot my original Vaccine card, but they were so nice and accommodating, giving me a new card.

I feel mildly disoriented so i'm going to have a scotch and cigar to settle down. Hopefully this feeling passes quickly.