Discussion Which COVID-19 vaccine did you get?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

COVID Vaccine

• Moderna

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 55 45.5%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • AstraZeneca

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Not eligible yet

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • QAnon/Bill Gates' nanobots conspiracy option

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The press is big on efficacy rates of each one, but there are too many variables in how that number was derived. From when, and where in the world the trials were conducted.

This 7-minute video makes it clear, that every one of them is 100% effective in keeping you out of the hospital or morgue.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I've been eligible for a while now...but still haven't gotten the shot (s).

IMO, all the different vaccines were rushed to market too quickly without the necessary testing. (yes, they did some...and it continues...with those getting vaccinated being the test subjects.)

Did NO ONE watch the Will Smith movie "I am Legend?" :eek:o_O:eek:o_O

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Had Moderna #1 a couple weeks ago. Arm was very sore for a couple of days. Couldn't lift it on the second day.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

IMO, all the different vaccines were rushed to market too quickly without the necessary testing. (yes, they did some...and it continues...with those getting vaccinated being the test subjects.)

To date almost 90 million people in the US have received at least one dose. That 27% of the population. 50 million or 15% are fully vaccinated. At what point exactly are you going to say "OK, maybe that's enough testing"?

The rush? Thousands were dying every damn day, and that is just in this country. Would you have been happier if they had continued trials for another 6 months?

Reactions: Brainonska511
Dec 10, 2005
To date almost 90 million people in the US have received at least one dose. That 27% of the population. 50 million or 15% are fully vaccinated. At what point exactly are you going to say "OK, maybe that's enough testing"?

The rush? Thousands were dying every damn day, and that is just in this country. Would you have been happier if they had continued trials for another 6 months?
Tens of thousands received the vaccines in placebo controlled clinical trials - the gold standard for measuring both efficacy and safety. They all had at least 2 months of safety follow-up after the last injection. Not sure what more people want. Longer follow-up wouldn't be that useful: the idea that an adverse reaction is associated with the vaccine dramatically drops with time from the last injection.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Is there ways to detect long term effects, obviously we can't just wait long term to consider it safe, but like what if there is some weird oddball effect that can surface years later, do they have ways to detect that ahead of time? I'd say that's my only fear at this point but I suppose those odds are slim to none. Has this ever happened with any vaccine where people start to get effects from it down the line? By the time I'm eligible to get it, I will take it either way though. Especially now that the variants are actually affecting my age group more now so I kinda want to be safe from it. 30 year olds are actually being put on ventilators now. I'm much more worried about the long term effects of the virus than the vaccine so given the choice I still want the vaccine.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I had to deal with it the old-fashioned way and by the genetic lottery, I didn't go under. I have confirmation I got it once. Have an extremely large suspicion I got it twice. Not many things make me want to two sleep and not do anything at all for two weeks, which is what happened in Nov. 2019 for me, and I felt exhausted at least into January 2020.

I am quite convinced the vaccine will be recommended yearly or even every 6 months in due time but they are keeping hush-hush to let Wall Street not panic....or have the stock prices balloon too quickly upon hearing such news. Business will be booming in aeternam.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I haven't had covid AFAIK. I received my first Pfizer shot on Thur. and took a tylenol that night just in case. I'm a side sleeper so I slept on my opposite arm to prevent pain. The next day my arm was a little sore so I took another tylenol. As the day and night went on the pain went away. I slept on my opposite arm again on friday night. My arm felt fine on Sat. and was able to sleep on both arms without any issues.

Reactions: Captante

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I've had both of my Moderna shots. I had pain at the injection site the first time, and my shoulder hurt the second time the next day.

MAN UP MAN!!! :mad:

Reactions: MtnMan and Captante

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

honestly i think i'd like the carefree life of one of those zombies

no job, no responsibilities, way better physical shape

the aversion to light is the only real downside i see

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I got Pfizer and have been fully vaccinated since March 2nd.

After first shot I went to the gym the next day and felt a bit more exhausted and normal. My shoulder was a little sore but that was it.

After second shot my shoulder got noticeably more sore quicker and the next day I woke up with flu like symptoms. I didn't take my temp but definitely felt like I had a fever. Felt that way almost all day and felt super tired around 5pm for like 2 hours then that went away. Next day I still felt a little off but went to the gym anyways and felt a bit more fatigued than normal. But by 72 hour mark I was back to normal.

Wife is going for Moderna #1 in 2 hours.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I got Pfizer and have been fully vaccinated since March 2nd.

After first shot I went to the gym the next day and felt a bit more exhausted and normal. My shoulder was a little sore but that was it.

After second shot my shoulder got noticeably more sore quicker and the next day I woke up with flu like symptoms. I didn't take my temp but definitely felt like I had a fever. Felt that way almost all day and felt super tired around 5pm for like 2 hours then that went away. Next day I still felt a little off but went to the gym anyways and felt a bit more fatigued than normal. But by 72 hour mark I was back to normal.

Wife is going for Moderna #1 in 2 hours.

Had Moderna #1 on 3/7 ... going for #2 on Mon 4/5.

I had a slightly milder version of what you had. The only differences are I'm still feeling SLIGHTLY lethargic and my appetite is a little off.

To be fair the stomach issues MAY have zero to do with the vaccine because I was in the process of "detoxing" from long-term use of Esomeprazole (Nexium) when I got #1.

Reactions: purbeast0

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
I spent lat year yelling at the TV. “Listen to Science. GODDAMNIT LISTEN TO FAUCI, he knows more about this shit than you do.”

I get my second Moderna shot on Saturday. More importantly my son gets his second Moderna shot on 4/17.

Reactions: MtnMan and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I spent lat year yelling at the TV. “Listen to Science. GODDAMNIT LISTEN TO FAUCI, he knows more about this shit than you do.”

I get my second Moderna shot on Saturday. More importantly my son gets his second Moderna shot on 4/17.

:cool:

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
What testing was not done that is done for other vaccines?

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
What testing was not done that is done for other vaccines?

I think this may surface in time.

I do wonder how a vaccine was developed so quickly, previously scientists were saying 2-5 years best case scenario. Also after SARS nothing was done and it took many, many years for vaccine research to get anywhere.

Maybe I'm just a little skeptical, and perhaps since governments were throwing money at the problem it this resolved fairly quickly.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I think this may surface in time.

I do wonder how a vaccine was developed so quickly, previously scientists were saying 2-5 years best case scenario. Also after SARS nothing was done and it took many, many years for vaccine research to get anywhere.

Maybe I'm just a little skeptical, and perhaps since governments were throwing money at the problem it this resolved fairly quickly.

We'll see ... hell I'm nearly 60 I've had a pretty good run! ;)

image22.jpeg