Discussion Which COVID-19 vaccine did you get?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

COVID Vaccine

• Moderna

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 55 45.5%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • AstraZeneca

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Not eligible yet

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • QAnon/Bill Gates' nanobots conspiracy option

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
So Jay put one in the stink and Bob stayed silent about it? What kind of movies do you watch?
Comedy's like Jay and Silent Bob, Dogma. Plus horror movies (I don't watch anymore because of my PTSD and because they suck), Dramas (Tom Hanks, Denzel), Action (Avengers, Captain America), etc.

What movies do you watch?

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Comedy's like Jay and Silent Bob, Dogma. Plus horror movies (I don't watch anymore because of my PTSD and because they suck), Dramas (Tom Hanks, Denzel), Action (Avengers, Captain America), etc.

What movies do you watch?
Years ago I would have said, "ones with your mom"....but as my peers have aged, I assume their mothers aren't spring chickens anymore. It's really killing my jokes and insults these days.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante and Pohemi

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
They're having a vaccination clinic for the rest of the week at our convention center. Finally accepted my fate...went for round 1 of the Moderna vaccine.
The placed is staffed by National Guardsmen (and wimmenz)...was twice as many staff as there were people wanting to get jabbed.

Reactions: BudAshes

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
They're having a vaccination clinic for the rest of the week at our convention center. Finally accepted my fate...went for round 1 of the Moderna vaccine.
The placed is staffed by National Guardsmen (and wimmenz)...was twice as many staff as there were people wanting to get jabbed.

Have to make sure they are ready to headshot the ones that turn into zombies.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
tenor.gif

Anyway, I'm still getting my second shot once I can. I'm not a raging moron.

Reactions: Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Still not eligible but AZ is down to 40 and over now, so getting closer if I decide to go for that one. I think they will all open up to general population by July, but then I also heard some time in June. Hard to know what's going on lol. There is more supply coming in now so they might be able to speed things up.

From what I gather it's a pain trying to get an appointment too, guess the website is crappy. Typical government lol. They probably got IBM or CGI to code it.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
TruNews is reporting that the "Second shot" is GENOCIDE, and that 60-70% of people getting it are going to die in the next few years. Nice knowing you all!

We are all for allowing a range of opinions here, but THIS is demonstrably hysterical bullcrap, akin to shouting "fire" in a crowded theater, and as such, will not be tolerated here.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

dingster1

Mar 25, 2004
Moderna. 1st one went ok with just arm pain. #2 was a bit worse with fatigue and feeling crappy for a day.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
TruNews is reporting that the "Second shot" is GENOCIDE, and that 60-70% of people getting it are going to die in the next few years. Nice knowing you all!

Just in case there is anyone out there who might possibly believe that, be aware that TruNews isn't. It's a fake news site that promotes racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.
Here are a few:
Barack Obama murdered Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia as a pagan sacrifice.
Bill Clinton is a flesh eating cannibal.
Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is a izard person.
Hurricane Harvey hit Houston because of it's LGBT devotion.
The 2017 Las Vegas shooting was conducted by government death squads from a "gay/lesbian Nazi regime".
Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow would lead a coup that would result in the nationally televised decapitation of the Trump family on the White House lawn.

The more you know...

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Just in case there is anyone out there who might possibly believe that, be aware that TruNews isn't. It's a fake news site that promotes racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.
Here are a few:
Barack Obama murdered Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia as a pagan sacrifice.
The 2017 Las Vegas shooting was conducted by government death squads from a "gay/lesbian Nazi regime".
Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow would lead a coup that would result in the nationally televised decapitation of the Trump family on the White House lawn.

The more you know...

Dang, no mention of Bat Boy?! :p

• Haha

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010

We are all for allowing a range of opinions here, but THIS is demonstrably hysterical bullcrap, akin to shouting "fire" in a crowded theater, and as such, will not be tolerated here.

Perknose
Forum Director

Shit aren't we entitled to a little humour on this board. Lighten up !

If you have an issue with any moderation actions, there is one place for that discussion to take place, and that is Moderator Discussions.

admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Here are a few:

The more you know...
Thanks for bursting my bubble. Now how am I supposed to go on with life knowing that Obama didn't murder Scalia, and millions of babies?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Isin't the 2nd dose just a firmware update for the 5G chip? The first one got released because the code compiled without errors, the 2nd one is to fix the bugs. Agile vaccine development!

I might hold off, 6G is just around the corner.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Shit aren't we entitled to a little humour on this board. Lighten up !

agreed....but one wonders if the gist of that post wasn't one of satire, or wasn't explicitly posted with the intent of satire? Anyway, not sure, but probably a good idea to just delete links to fucked up cult murder shit.

AT doesn't allow links to StormFront and related, so this is one that's probably on that line.

Meaning: regardless if it was posted as a joke: "Hahaha! look at what these idiots think!" Which I'm assuming is the case, linking to some shit like that (a cultish brainwashing medium that is not, in itself, satire), is disallowed?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Got Pfizer 1st shot last week, going in for 2nd shot in a couple of weeks. No dramatic reaction after 1st shot, just slight muscle tightness on the injection arm. My parents who are 75+ have gotten both shots, no major reaction either, just muscle soreness that goes away after a couple of days. We all got it through Kaiser here in LA.

It's really unfortunate some people out of the millions got major reaction from the vaccine.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Here are a few:

The more you know...

Those sound perfectly plausible...for a q-anon Trumpet.