Which country has the worst food... and best.

flunky nassau

Feb 17, 2007
My vote for worst goes to England. Fish & chips, bangers & mash, pudding.... what else is there?

Of course, all the answers will probably seem ignorant, so we'll just say it's our opinion based on experience.

Favorites:
French
Japanese
Vietnamese
Korean

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
All food from the U.K and Ireland is the worst food in the world. I would say all of Africa but technically no food doesn't really count as the worst food. As far as the best... Italian or Indian, it's hard to decide.

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
All food from the U.K and Ireland is the worst food in the world.

That's what I thought/think......

flunky nassau

Feb 17, 2007
A side question: Is there is a food that is distinctively American?

Take the hotdog. The sausage element of it makes me think it had to have originated in Germany.

Hamburgers? That kinda sounds German also.

Pizza? Well duh.

I guess it's just barbecue chicken then.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
All food from the U.K and Ireland is the worst food in the world. I would say all of Africa but technically no food doesn't really count as the worst food. As far as the best... Italian or Indian, it's hard to decide.

To each his own, I'm rather fond of Irish lamb stew and soda bread.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Best is Thailand or Italy. I don't know what worst is. I've never had a UK/Irish dish that made me want to do backflips.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: flunky nassau

Take the hotdog. The sausage element of it makes me think it had to have originated in Germany.

Pizza? Well duh.

Here's the thing, all countries and cultures foods are influenced by others. There is no food item that is unique to only one culture.

All foods served in chain/corporate restaurants is "American."

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Irish & UK food is generally considered the working mans food due to the substance and colorings.

Though I personally have to give best "food" to the Italians.

onlyCOpunk

Platinum Member
May 25, 2003
worst has got to be new zealand, do they not know what spices are or what? i mean fush and chups is good, but you can't eat them for every meal.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I do like Italian food especially Northern Italian due to the French and German influence but, next to the U.S., Italians make the worst beer I've ever had.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
America has the best food.
Because we have more kinds of food than any other country.
You name it, you can get it in the US.

Worst food?
Probably some isolated South Pacific island. Not a take-out menu in sight.

flunky nassau

Feb 17, 2007
I've actually never eaten an Italian dish that has given me an ZOMG orgasmic experience. Maybe I just haven't eaten the right dish.

I've had those experiences with:
-the perfect prime rib at House of Prime Rib in San Francisco
-white tuna sashimi at Sushihouse in Alameda (japanese)
-a duck dish at Clementine's in San Francisco (french)
-chocolate souffle at Roy's in Irvine (hawaiian fusion)
-Hamamoto raw oysters at Point Reyes
-Soy Sauce Chicken dish at Hoa Binh in Garden Grove (vietnamese)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
worst Scottish people love Haggis - nuff said

American'ize version of Mexican & Italian for teh wins

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
The question in the OP makes my head explode, and I kind of agree with MagnusTheBrewer on this one. Every large modern city has great restaurants, and most modernized countries have large cities.

Also, you could get really technical and say that only a very seasoned world traveler could quantify his/her experiences on a broad enough scale to provide you with the succinct response you seem to be seeking.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
America has the best food.
Because we have more kinds of food than any other country.
You name it, you can get it in the US.

Worst food?
Probably some isolated South Pacific island. Not a take-out menu in sight.

Yup. In terms of country its the US hands down. You can find anything here.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: flunky nassau

Pizza? Well duh.

North American fruits and vegetables changed the palate of the world. before trade to the new world was established, no one had ever seen: tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and squashes of all sorts, potatoes, avocadoes, pepper, corn, cocoa, chiles. Not to mention turkey

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Most European food is bad to me. It's because they just don't have the cattle and beef supply we have over here. Ever try ordering a beef entree in Switzerland? Don't.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
USA USA USA!
best foods!

im actually serious. most authentic foreign food I don't like. I like the Americanized versions of most plates. :laugh:
im a very picky eater, very. I try to work on it, and the only time I can force myself is when its necessary or starve. I can usually get around it. :)

but yea, straight up American foods.. hamburgers, steaks, good ol' cookout food I love.
Italian foodstuffs I like too. Some Mexican, but very little. Other things, I just don't know their origin if they aren't American.

flunky nassau

Feb 17, 2007
Originally posted by: meltdown75
The question in the OP makes my head explode, and I kind of agree with MagnusTheBrewer on this one. Every large modern city has great restaurants, and most modernized countries have large cities.

Also, you could get really technical and say that only a very seasoned world traveler could quantify his/her experiences on a broad enough scale to provide you with the succinct response you seem to be seeking.

Right, but we seem to be coming to a consensus.