Which cigarettes are better?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mattocs

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2005
I've been thinking about starting smoking. I smoke cigars once and a while, so I might as well pick up cigarettes.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: GalvanizedYankee
Quite smoking 5/10/06....COLD TURKEY!

Gained 12lbs, blood pressure dropped 20 points :p

I do deep breathing just for fun it feels so good :D

yeah, breathing does feel good, doesn't it?

my best friend's mom tried quitting smoking soooo many times, but couldn't do it. then, one day, she couldn't smoke for a few days and she could actually smell the shampoo in her hair for the first time.... so, she quit. she wasn't able to smell things whenever she was a smoker... everything smelled similar, but different.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: mattocs
I've been thinking about starting smoking. I smoke cigars once and a while, so I might as well pick up cigarettes.

lol....then you can be cool like me.

:evil:

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001

or not

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Nothing menthol... eh, I don't like the taste that much. I almost always smoke Camel Lights cause I like them the best and they're the cheapest at $4.48 (unless you buy some ghetto brand). Marb Lights aren't too bad but if it's between them and Camels (light or regular), I'll take the Camels.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003

Don't do it. It is a nasty filthy, expansive habit that will fvck up your lungs and leave you susceptible to a myriad of bad health crap.

Really, I know it is hypocritical of me to say that, being a smoker. But in this case, you should trust someone who does it and knows how bad it is.

:(

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: Canai
Originally posted by: erub
hmm, slightly more than a pack every two days will run you ~$1000/year..i pick a nice vacation somewhere instead :)

I bought myself a new computer instead of a vacation :D

I bought a good start on lung cancer. Never know when it might come in handy.

Hey might get you a medical marijuana prescription in a few years ;).

oCxTiTaN

May 7, 2004

That's quite possibly the dumbest logic I've seen on these forums, and that's quite a big shoe to fill. Congrats :thumbsup:

That being said, candy cigarettes ftw!

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: clamum
Nothing menthol... eh, I don't like the taste that much. I almost always smoke Camel Lights cause I like them the best and they're the cheapest at $4.48 (unless you buy some ghetto brand). Marb Lights aren't too bad but if it's between them and Camels (light or regular), I'll take the Camels.

Ouch, I pay $3.24 per pack for Marbs.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: clamum

Ouch, I pay $3.24 per pack for Marbs.

Cigs are between $6-7.50 per pack here in NJ, depending where you get them.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Quit smoking exactly one week ago and I'm glad I did. I'm sick of smelling bad :( But I do love to smoke, that's for sure. Out of the list I'd choose Marlboro, but I usually smoked Rothmans.

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I pay about $2.60 a pack for Camel Lights $26.00 a carton. I'm gonna quit one of these days but I just love the taste of Lung Butter in the morning.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
My mom smokes Merits, I believe she is about one of five people in the entire world who smokes them.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Having worked at a convenience store for a long time, I noticed that certain groups of people smoked certain brands. It doesn't surprise me that Newports (black people) and Lucky Strikes (old men who should probably be dead) aren't popular here. Camels with filters are pretty popular among younger people, as are Parliaments.

Edit: Marlboros/Marlboro Lights are just popular in general.