Which candidate would you vote for?

May 31, 2001
Say there are two candidates running for a position, be it local, state, or national.

One candidate flip-flopped or whatever you wish to call it and now stands on what you would consider to be your side of the issue. They may or may not flip-flop back to their original position if elected.

The other candidate stands against your position on the issue, but has never waffled. They have remained firm in their opposition throughout their career. By electing them, at least you know where they stand and have no illusions about their position.

I realize this is vague, and it may change based on the issue at hand, but there are too many other variables to make it more specific. This is assuming you are one of those people that votes for the individual that you think can do the job versus always voting the party line.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Printer Bandit
wrong forum.

Do you really think so? I thought it more appropriate for here, as it concerns personal philosophy more than anything. It may also require some thought on the part of the individuals voting in the poll, and I wouldn't want any of our good P&N regulars to hurt themselves. ;)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'm voting for the guy who wont ass-rape my country.
In other words I've been voting independant since the last three elections and will do so again.