Which candidate would be most likely to...

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Which candidate would be most likely to be able to know how to actually be able to use a computer outside basic functions? The one who is the son of a president or the one who invented the internet? :)

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
None of them. They (well, we) pay people to use computers for them. But it will only be a few more election cycles before computer literacy among public officials will equal ours.

BlkDragon6

Jan 7, 2000
Would have to go with Gore on this one. The funny thing is, he didn't say he created the internet, it was something along the lines that he helped establish the net, either way, probably had a poor choice of words. Things could be worse, he could have subliminininally told everyone that he invented the internet.

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
"I took the initiative in creating the internet"

Thats what he said. Take it for what you will, still very funny in my opinion...;)

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I saw Bush interviewed on ZDTV and all they asked were pretty much computer & technology questions. He didn't have a clue half the time (does he ever?) :p

What do you guys expect? The man's from texas! That's why all the Texans hang out in OT rather than GH ;)

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Gore knows how to use the computer.He does so with his children. BTW,the "I took the intitive " quote that bashers keep refering to is a statement in reference to as a congressman,he voted for letting the general public use what was regarded as a private link for scientists IE: the internet. When placed in it's proper context,it was damn nice of him and every other congressman that voted for it to give you the oppurtunity to read this.IMHO ;)

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Why would either one have to?

In a society that lets a Judge who knows nothing about computers or even a typewriter, who writes all his paperwork out in longhand and maybe even pencil, pass a decision on a company like Microsoft, well enough said.

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
Nader. I don't know if Dubya could figure out anything beyond the basic word-processing, and Algore probably assumes he knows everything about the computer and would royally screw it up immediately upon start up.