Which brand of X1900XT Should I go with ?

LeftfieldNotForgotten

Jul 10, 2006
Building a new system soon, going with an X1900XT. Any recommendations on which brand to go with ? If any ? Don't want Sapphire, heard they are trouble. Guess warranty and possbily best overclocker?? is my main concern. I live in Toronto, so ATI is right here in town. So I was thinking maybe just a straight ATI card is my best bet for RMA/warranty purposes.

Are there any cards worth going with ? Seems the ATI card is also actually the cheapest X1900XT available locally. The Asus, Powercolour, Sapphire, and MSI are all more expensive.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
From what nitromullet says, DON'T GO WITH HIS.

I think his RMA was....um......well.....I don't think the RMA ever got....well.....RMA'd.....

Personally, I got a Sapphire OEM and it has done great. It was an XTX though.

Fistandantilis

Aug 29, 2004
Ya, my Powercolor is great, I got the OEM one so I dont think that i get that sweet warranty but either way I have had "0" problems with it.
When I wsa looking into what manufacturer I was going to go with I was a bit hesitant about Powercolor, but like I said no problems at all, I had a sapphire card in the past and again I had no problems there either.

Good Luck...

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: tuteja1986
HIS = best Performance , Good Support and very quiet stock cooling system
or
Powercolor = Lifetime Warranty

I go with HIS :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161014

DO NOT get an HIS video card. They do not do their own RMA's... Look on the HIS website. They refer you back to the retailer. Any manufacturer that isn't willing to RMA their OWN products should be suspect. It has taken me over 2 months to get an HIS X1900XTX RMA'ed. Supposedly, I will be getting my replacement card next week. I'll beleive it when I see it.

TM2 Megatron

Jul 13, 2006
I'm in Toronto as well, and personally I've gone with ATI the last two video cards I've bought. They seem to have pretty good customer service, and quite good RMA turn-around time (RMA'd a Radeon 9800 Pro and got the replacement no more than 2 weeks after shipping the defective one). Also, my brother-in-law works for ATI, so I get the cards at half price, lol.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Powercolor's lifetime warranty would be the best, or BBA, though their support isn't terribly great.

akshayt

Banned
Feb 13, 2004
Performance wise all should be atleast 98-99% identical if not 100%.

See tomshardware.com ATI comparison. All perform equal to the last whole number fps.

anyway 1-2fps is not going to make much diff if you are already getting 60fps or so.

Get which ever gives best warranty and support and price.

Sapphire I read doesn't have good warranty.

Sapphire Retail I think costs 325$ after rebate.

acegazda

Platinum Member
May 14, 2006
Originally posted by: tuteja1986
HIS = best Performance , Good Support and very quiet stock cooling system
or
Powercolor = Lifetime Warranty

I go with HIS :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161014

Uhhh... I don't think so? All the brands have the exact same clock speeds.:D The saphire is the cheapest @ $330 shipped newegg. The only difference between any of the brands is the shape and/or color of the heatsink.