Whether or Not they Shot Osama - the DNA Test was a Complete Hoax

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've no comment about any alleged hoax.

But I don't see how the dna is all that big of a deal. OBL had a bazillion brothers and sisters. Whatever dna they collected from his sister and used for comparison can only confirm whoever was killed was related to her. Can't confirm it was OBL specifically.

Fern

"Good enough for government work!"

:D

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I've no comment about any alleged hoax.

But I don't see how the dna is all that big of a deal. OBL had a bazillion brothers and sisters. Whatever dna they collected from his sister and used for comparison can only confirm whoever was killed was related to her. Can't confirm it was OBL specifically.

Fern
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OBL may have a bazillion brothers and sisters, but only OBL himself was 6' 6" or was it 6'8".
In short, if a quick and dirty DNA test can prove the tall man cadaver could ONLY be a member of the Bin Laden famdamily, its a slam dunk case we got OBL himself. And not just some random unusually tall man.

There might have been some confusion if OBL was of a more average height, he was not and that makes a big difference.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
LOL... This administration can't even score a perfect, head-shot victory correctly. :biggrin:

Obama manages to accomplish something the previous two administrations failed to do and he's turned it into fodder for the next "Loose Change" video. Awesome...

I hope you're not suggesting the administration should base their decisions on whether or not fringe conspiracy theorists will approve of them :D

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
I hope you're not suggesting the administration should base their decisions on whether or not fringe conspiracy theorists will approve of them :D

We all know the US gov. has always been extremely
trustfull in any matters and absolutely unlikely
to spread lies as aknowledged by the irreproachable
Bush presidency...:D

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
"I am a molecular biologist and I’ve built a lucrative career in human genetics. I have run one of the world’s largest and most productive DNA genotyping facilities and now I am helping to build the global market for clinical whole human genome sequencing for the world’s largest human genome sequencing facility. I have worked with the absolute best genome scientists from the military, academia, medicine, and industry from around the world. I know DNA. And, one thing I know about DNA is that you cannot, repeat CANNOT: take a tissue sample from a shot-in-the-noggin-dead-guy in a north central Pakistan special forces op, extract the DNA, prepare the DNA for assay, test the DNA, curate the raw DNA sequence data, assemble the reads or QC the genotype, compare the tested DNA to a reference, and make a positive identity determination…. all in 12 hours- let alone transport the tissue samples all the places they’d need to have gone in order to get this done.

Some might try to argue that ruggedized, field ready kits could test a DNA sample- which is true if one is attempting to determine the CLASS of a bacteria. It is not true if one is trying to determine the specific identity of an individual. Any way you slice it, the real work would require days, and I find it unlikely (although not impossible) that an aircraft carrier would have a laboratory outfitted for this kind of work… it is not the Starship Enterprise out there.

So, maybe they did get Osama. But there is no fucking way they had any genetic proof of it by the time they dumped the body over the side. What is it that we are not supposed to see with all this distraction? I think the French call it “legerdemain”."

if the US got OBL - who was based in Aghanistan early post-9-11, we are told - why are American troops still fighting & dying in Aghanistan ?

or is the actual goal to re-make the mid-East, per Israel's request ?

note that the US has troops to the East (Afghanistan) and West (Iraq) of Iran -
Middle-East-map.gif

You have taken me from face/palm to the tenth power right to "Shoot me NOW!"

Jiggz

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2001
Anyways, a man walk in a bar and orders, "Gimme a bin laden drink? The bar tender scratching his head looked at the guy and pardoned himself, what kind of drink is that again? A bin laden, you know? Two shots and a splash of sea water?"

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
You're forgetting the most obvious hole to this entire DNA confirmation thing:

They actually killed Osama's identical twin brother. Yeah. Think about that one.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
No he didn't, he had some Molecular DNA testing to do. He had to get his top of the line lab equipment all set up.

:)

ebakeoven.jpg

That's the latest double top secret portable DNA testing equipment. Where did you get this photograph?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
That's the latest double top secret portable DNA testing equipment. Where did you get this photograph?

walmart. its $19.99 in the DOD isle. While it does DNA testing wicked fast it also makes a mean cookie (only one at a time though)

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
walmart. its $19.99 in the DOD isle. While it does DNA testing wicked fast it also makes a mean cookie (only one at a time though)

They must be having a sale. Last time I checked the DoD isle had all the expensive stuff like the $500.oo hammers.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I love how they keep talking about the facial recognitions software that they also used to match him.

Dude had a gaping hole on his face, and despite that, "they" say, it was still useful.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
lol. OBL probably had obamas real birth certificate from kenya.

hehe. That's why the video that they are releasing right now has no audio.

It's also edited, so you don't see the moment when OBL holds up the birth certificate.

btw, anyone watching this stuff? can't wait to see the youtube video edits of what he's watching on TV in that one video.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally Posted by wwswimming

"I am a molecular biologist and I’ve built a lucrative career in human genetics.

Not a very good one obviously!!
Is it true you can be anything you want on the internet??

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
I love how they keep talking about the facial recognitions software that they also used to match him.

Dude had a gaping hole on his face, and despite that, "they" say, it was still useful.

How obstructed can the view be before that software stops working? Like if I had a penis in my mouth, would the software still know it's me?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
How obstructed can the view be before that software stops working? Like if I had a penis in my mouth, would the software still know it's me?

I imagine it would have good confidence matching the non disfigured portions of the face, sure.

But that leaves a certain % of template that it wouldn't be able to match. I have no idea what is considered an acceptable confidence match for facial recognition, but I'm skeptical about a match that is unable to use some 20% of a face.

of course, maybe the forehead isn't a significant portion of facial identity. I would think the brow is, however, which they have said was mostly obliterated.

as for your example, I suppose it depends on how disfigured the cock is that you are swallowing.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Do pictures of you *without* a penis in your mouth even exist?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
really, are you this thick?

Do you know Sir Isaac Newton?

no?

then how can you possibly believe in gravity?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now Zinfamious really goes off the deep end, in asserting Sir Issac Newton discovered the very graviton that was a fact of life for every living thing on earth since the beginning of our solar system. Is Zininfamious really arguing that before the time of Newton no one before believed in graviton or noted objects fell toward the earth?

But the real revolutionary idea Newton brought us, was that we could mathematically describe just how gravity acted, and as the applied proof of that understanding, we could use that Newtonian very mathematical understanding Newton showed, so we could use it for the first time in human history to perfectly predict planetary orbits.

In short, Newton used human reasoning to make new insights no had before him had thought of, while Zinfamious is the exact opposite, as he uses dubious reasoning to fool only himself.

Last edited:

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

And now Zinfamious really goes off the deep end, in asserting Sir Issac Newton discovered the very graviton that was a fact of life for every living thing on earth since the beginning of our solar system. Is Zininfamious really arguing that before the time of Newton no one before believed in graviton or noted objects fell toward the earth?

But the real revolutionary idea Newton brought us, was that we could mathematically describe just how gravity acted, and as the applied proof of that understanding, we could use that Newtonian very mathematical understanding Newton showed, so we could use it for the first time in human history to perfectly predict planetary orbits.

In short, Newton used human reasoning to make new insights no had before him had thought of, while Zinfamious is the exact opposite, as he uses dubious reasoning to fool only himself.

ROFL. Give yourself one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW6xGdeY5xQ&feature=related

and get a sense of humor. Adjusting your sarcasm meter might also help.