Where's the protests over this?

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
The corporate media latched onto the Martin story, and the mindless sheeple all followed the instruction of their shepherd. If you want the mindless drooling masses to focus on this story you have to get their sheepdog, the corporate media, to make them focus on it.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Thousands of pages about Trayvon Martin; meanwhile a 14 year old boy shoots another boy over a pair of sneakers:
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Grand-Jury-Indicts-14-Year-Old-for-Murder-215744701.html

*crickets*

Because a black person shooting another black person is neither news, nor something the protest-minded can blame on others as being done to them for "racism" or other reasons.

That's why you've seen minimal protests about the Zimmerman case. The trial has shown that Trayvon may have been the initial aggressor, and it would be impolitic to protest about the other factor - that many blacks think that Trayvon was justified to assault the "creepy ass cracker" for following him, and that it would have taught Zimmerman a proper lesson about not 'disrepecting' to have his ass kicked.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
Because a black person shooting another black person is neither news, nor something the protest-minded can blame on others as being done to them for "racism" or other reasons.

That's why you've seen minimal protests about the Zimmerman case. The trial has shown that Trayvon may have been the initial aggressor, and it would be impolitic to protest about the other factor - that many blacks think that Trayvon was justified to assault the "creepy ass cracker" for following him, and that it would have taught Zimmerman a proper lesson about not 'disrepecting' to have his ass kicked.

tumblr_lr15onQCa51qgdi8u.gif

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Well the problem is the media are the ones who grabbed the Treyvon story and inflated it to the clusterfuck it is now. And in some cases, made up falsities to do so. HERE is a good timeline of this clusterfuck.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Was the killer not charged with a crime or even arrested? I'm sure the boy was tested for drugs though.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well the problem is the media are the ones who grabbed the Treyvon story and inflated it to the clusterfuck it is now. And in some cases, made up falsities to do so. HERE is a good timeline of this clusterfuck.

Very interesting, thanks! I separate this whole debacle into two distinct problems: The case of one man killing another (this can be debated on its own merits, and the absolutely disgusting manipulation of public opinion that the media has bestowed upon us. And people wonder why I don't watch cable news.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
You could notice that the person charged with the murder was charged quickly and it didn't take weeks to finally get around to that. That is complex thinking, I can see why some of you people missed that.

Then again, the rightwing media hasn't told you do that yet, so I don't really expect some of you to follow along.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
There are on average 40 murders per day in the United States.

Of victims, 50% are black and 46% are white.

52% of offenders are black, 45% are white (where the offender is known).

90% of black victims of homicides are killed by other blacks.

83% of white victims of homicides are killed by other whites.

If you use the above statistics, on any given day there are about 2 blacks and a bit more than 2 whites that are killed by someone of a different race.

There is a bit over 1 'justifiable homicide' by a police officer every single day.

What this comes down to is that, in any given year, you have about a 1 in 23,000 chance of being killed.

Another way of looking at that is that, if the average lifespan is 75 years, on average you would live 295 lifetimes before being killed.

And the focus of the nation is on this.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Absolutely correct. However, what no one seems to realize is that Mr. Zimmerman received a fair trial, was acquitted on the grounds of self defense ACCORDING TO THE LAW. But I guess if certain elements in our society (i.e. the liberal media, the Al Sharptons, et al) don't like outcome of a fair trial, then it's o.k. to persecute and hound a man, initiate death threats against him and his family and insist the DOJ ala Eric Holder find some hint of racism to bring Mr. Zimmerman "to justice". Whose justice? I thought I lived in the U.S, where a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty (not condemned and lied about via the media before the trial even begins), when acquitted by a jury after a fair trial to be able to walk free (not afraid for your life or subjected to vilification by the press and elements of your own government),or to have your character and race reviled by people and organizations who have never met you and don't want to know any facts that might exonerate you.
A tragic event which could have been avoided if one of the two people involved had retreated instead of seeking out a confrontation: sadly, not one of them did.
And personally, if I was on the ground with my head being bashed against a cement sidewalk, I don't think I'd wait until I was either seriously injured or worse before trying to defend myself. If I had a weapon, I would probably have used it.

Wife of Runz

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
- Booker T. Washington

Black on black violence does not generate income for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
- Booker T. Washington

Black on black violence does not generate income for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Niether does white on white crime but I don't hear any "white" people talking about and I sure as shit don't hear any "white" people talking about black on black crime other than to complain that black people aren't talking about it.

So your point was what again?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Niether does white on white crime but I don't hear any "white" people talking about and I sure as shit don't hear any "white" people talking about black on black crime other than to complain that black people aren't talking about it.

It appears to have gone over your head.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Simple, unless the black is a victim by a white, no one really gets upset.

So if four possible combinations, the black community gets upset only of one, yet the others have a higher percentage.

They WANT to make themselves out as the victim for the attention and financial gain.

Some whites tag along because they get attention/perceived guilt also not because they are concerned all that about a black victim

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

So if four possible combinations, the black community gets upset only of one, yet the others have a higher percentage.

They WANT to make themselves out as the victim for the attention and financial gain.

Some whites tag along because they get attention/perceived guilt also not because they are concerned all that about a black victim

Wait, so either the statistics say they are the victims or it doesn't. Maybe you guys should get together and discuss your talking points first before you contradict yourselves.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

the liberal shill of shills randi rhodes is the worst one. she is still all butt hurt on her radio program about how Zimmerman is guilty!! and it was all about race. damn i hope she gets her ass sued.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I have a question for you.
How long was it after the shooter was identified was there an arrest?

The reason that the Trayvon Martin shooting got the intial media attention, irrc, was that his parents started asking why there was no arrest after a week or so.

Sorry but if someone shoots and kills someone else and they're not arrested it's going to raise question even if some people want to say SYG makes it alright.

In the case that you linked to the 14 year old shooter is being tried as an adult and there is no indication that the police delayed in arresting either.

There's one difference.

Another difference is that the geographical location.

The 14 year old shooting a 16 year old over sneakers happened in New York state. There is not a past history of an entrenched good ole boy network there as there was a past (some might argue current) history in the deep south. Yes some parts of Florida are the deep south.

Those differences pretty much show that there is enough things that would make some people go "wait a moment..." about the Trayvon Martin shooting.

Now as for black on black crime which was brought up by another post... people pay as much attention to that as they do to white on white crime. Most people don't think "hmmm, could racism be a factor here." when the shooter and victim are the same color.

Given the differing circumstances (the main one being the apparent lack of delay in an arrest of the 14 year old shooter) trying to equate the two shootings, then ranting about the lack of protests doesn't really hold water.

Last edited:

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Or because in that one case, there sure seems to be a habit of the white person getting off with no charges compared to the other way.

That is one of the dumbest things ever written on this forum, well done. You think calling attention to racial inequality is because of wanting attention or financial gain. You really think that. You, a person who I assume received some sort of education believes that.