Where's the best place to get a car cover for protecting against snow?

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
a tarp works wonders.

How would you secure a tarp down during a snow storm?

Where do you buy them anywho.. home depot?

bungee cords and or rope string!(*@#$*(&#)&*~!

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
Any car parts store. Don't get the cheep one you need one what will let moisture out. But if you really want to protect your car rent a garage if you don't own one.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
I just want something to put on my car during a snowstorm so I dont need to scrape ice off of it every morning before work..

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
Try lifing a tarp with 3' of snow on it. You are going to have to brush it off anyway. I have seen some small things you put on your windshield and just pull that off and you have no snow on that but I don't think it works very well.

TubStain

Apr 19, 2001
I need something like that as well! I was thinking of getting some plastic tarp and rolling the edges into the drivers and passengers side windows. Dont know how efficient that would be.

I just dont want ice on the glass. I already waxed my car good for the fall rains, and will probably do some hardcore deep waxing in November for the snow.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: TMPadmin
Try lifing a tarp with 3' of snow on it. You are going to have to brush it off anyway. I have seen some small things you put on your windshield and just pull that off and you have no snow on that but I don't think it works very well.

Brushing snow off a tarp is still a lot easier then brushing snow off a car and then scraping a few centimeters of ice of every window...

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
i use a long piece of nylon strap and just wound it around the shocks, door handles, and the tarp. Its a good fit.