Where'd the new XBOX360/PS3 article go?

S

SlitheryDee

I'm sure many of you saw it. I'm talking about the one that suggested how weak the next gen consoles might be. It's not in the latest reviews section anymore, and I can't find it by searching.

Any ideas about whether it was removed from the site and if so, why?

sundev

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
Good call! I would also like to know where it went... maybe Microsoft/Sony put the kybosh (sp?) on it. I'm sure they weren't thrilled about how poor their systems came off in that article.

S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: ELopes580
M$ and Sony bought the rights to it. Then burnt it.

Seriously, do you think AT might be bending under pressure from one of the companies? That review was not very flattering for ether console.

sundev

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
You can read about some vague references to "liability issues" in the comments for the Sun article here: Sun Article. Doesn't mention anything concrete.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Originally posted by: ELopes580
M$ and Sony bought the rights to it. Then burnt it.

Seriously, do you think AT might be bending under pressure from one of the companies? That review was not very flattering for ether console.

If so, that was pretty quick. It was posted on the 29th and taken down just a couple of hours later.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
For those who missed it, the Xbox 360 CPU was written off as being only 2x the power of old Xbox on 1st gen (non-multithreaded) games and developers kept laughing at the Cell's SPEs and how so far they are useless (Emotion Engine hype anyone?) I took the article with a grain of salt though...why would Sony and MS spend so much money developing something without listening to game developers? Only other explanation: the game developers Anand talked to wanted a PC and not a console, and Sony/MS couldn't figure out how to sell a performance PC for $400.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
The gaming blog Kotaku.com has a mention of it as well.

edit: Well, not anymore. That was removed as well.

Weiiiiiiiird.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: UNCjigga
For those who missed it, the Xbox 360 CPU was written off as being only 2x the power of old Xbox on 1st gen (non-multithreaded) games and developers kept laughing at the Cell's SPEs and how so far they are useless (Emotion Engine hype anyone?) I took the article with a grain of salt though...why would Sony and MS spend so much money developing something without listening to game developers? Only other explanation: the game developers Anand talked to wanted a PC and not a console, and Sony/MS couldn't figure out how to sell a performance PC for $400.

I'd go with that.

It would be a HUGE mistake to not talk to the actual game designers/ makers before bringing out a console!

I mean the PS2 has a very weak setup but it can still do GT4 and T5 well imo. GT4 looking long in the tooth on a HDTV in 2 player but in one 1player it looks great imo.

I'm sure the game designers can make the system work well. The only good thing is the 'standard' console setup. No different cpu speeds, ram sizes etc. They will maximise it and get some sweet results.

Koing