Where would you like to live?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 27, 2007
Queenstown, NZ
Somewhere in Canada
Somewhere in Switzerland

I dunno, I haven't traveled enough to make the determination really.

Apr 17, 2003
L.A. because of the weather, the laid back lifestyle, beach, diversity, good nightlife for my ethnic background there, great food, etc.

Chicago because it has two of the best universities which I can attend part-time

I agree with everything you said about LaLa Land, except for laid back lifestyle.

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
Assuming financially capable

in Americas, I would want to be in San Diego, CA

in Europe, I'd love to live in Switzerland

in Asia, Taiwan is my choice of stay

Apr 12, 2010
Cali or Vegas. I have friends/family out that way. And I could get far away from my mom and everything that sucks here.
I was looking into relocating to Vegas, then my friend bailed on the idea.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
Everyone loves to hate France but as someone who's been there I have to say it would indeed be a wonderful place to live if you had the means, and knew the language well enough.

I've been to france before, and I just didn't like it.

I preferred the small town feel of germany MUCH more. But then again, I'm a bit biased, since I can actually understand and speak german. :D

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I've been to france before, and I just didn't like it.

I preferred the small town feel of germany MUCH more. But then again, I'm a bit biased, since I can actually understand and speak german. :D

Yeah I wasn't there long enough to REALLY get a feel for what it would be like to live there but Paris was wonderful and interesting enough that it would take 1/2 a life time to learn. And I also visited the countryside which is often beautiful. Of all the places in Europe I've been though Italy would be my choice to live in, great country!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I really want to visit SF some day, seems like just my kind of city from what little I know. Why not the rest of CA though?

Actually, there are great other places in CA - Yosemite, Carmel, parts of San Diego and others - but a lot to avoid, especially the inland rednecks, some of the urban mega deserts...

If you do visit SF, try to see the 'local' side, the toursity crap is pretty worthless. A guidbook should help. And parking is *horrible* so a car is for out of town.

In fact, a lot of the good things to see are out of the city - to the north, Napa Valley, south to Carmel type areas, etc.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
<-----------------------

Our_view.jpg

DSC02693.JPG
DSC02997.JPG
Lake_from_Ridge2.jpg

Turnout.jpg

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
<-----------------------

PICS snipped

Very nice. Is the vineyard on your land? Do you plan on planting some if not? Might be nice to have your own hand-made wine :) My uncle has a small piece of land in southern france where they make a few hundred bottles of their own wine every year.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Actually, there are great other places in CA - Yosemite, Carmel, parts of San Diego and others - but a lot to avoid, especially the inland rednecks, some of the urban mega deserts...

If you do visit SF, try to see the 'local' side, the toursity crap is pretty worthless. A guidbook should help. And parking is *horrible* so a car is for out of town.

In fact, a lot of the good things to see are out of the city - to the north, Napa Valley, south to Carmel type areas, etc.

Yeah once day soon I'll take a trip through CA. Red necks are the polar opposite of what I want thought, :). I'm something of a hippie liberal, well in beliefs if not life style anyway.