Where was Bush? Why didn't Bush help Romney?

Oct 30, 2004
After watching Clinton help Obama, you have to wonder, where was George W. Bush? Bush and Cheney seem to have completely vanished in just four years and they weren't even invited to the Republican Convention!

Are the Republicans implicitly acknowledging that the Bush Administration was an abject failure and that one of their own is now the leading contender for worst president in American history?

Great op-ed:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/george-bush-campaigned-romney_b_2047102.html

Last edited:

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Are you kidding? He WAS the worst president ever, he almost single handily destroyed your economy. Between massive tax cuts in his first year leaving massive gaps in your budget, then compounded that with an ILLEGAL war in Iraq (supported by outright lies), borrowing the money from Chinese Bankers to pay for it.

Oh, and then there's the little collapse of your economy in his last year while all his buddies and donors got billions in profits..lets get that guy on our team, LOL. You know what's scary? 66% of americans believe in Demonic possession so telling these people the Bush is actually the Best president ever might have worked.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
The worst president in a generation is not really somebody you want helping.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
when you have the media & the left re-write history calling you the 'worst' president ever why would you come out?

The hate on the left is unlimited and unending.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
After watching Clinton help Obama, you have to wonder, where was George H. W. Bush? Bush and Cheney seem to have completely vanished in just four years and they weren't even invited to the Republican Convention!

Are the Republicans implicitly acknowledging that the Bush Administration was an abject failure and that one of their own is now the leading contender for worst president in American history?

Great op-ed:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/george-bush-campaigned-romney_b_2047102.html

What does George H. W. Bush have to do with Cheney? No wonder you can't find who you're looking for, you don't even know who it is!

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Bush wasn't going to be of any help. His presidency was so bad that Barack Obama got a Nobel Prize just for not being Bush.

Nov 29, 2006
How would Bush help? He was a disaster president that people wanted gone at the end. He would have caused more harm than helped IMO.

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002
Isn't that close to half of voters resonate with the dem party line and still blame Bush? (Yes, I understand it's W not H.W., but I bet the vast majority of voters wouldn't know the difference) So how would've that helped Romney at all? I actually don't mind Clinton, in fact if the 2nd term Clinton were on the ballot yesterday, I would've voted for him over Romney.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
George "Nero" Bush was giving a speech to hedge fund types in Cayman Islands a few days ago, and there was media blackout imposed on what he said there:
"So why would George W. Bush, less than a week before the presidential election, go to the Caymans and give a top secret speech to selected audience members who, according to The Associated Press, were “forbidden” to discuss any of the contents of that discussion? Forbidden. Not, “we strongly discourage you from discussing this speech outside this room,” but “you are forbidden from discussing this.”

And what insights would Bush have about the Cayman Islands and secret offshore investing that he would garner so much attention from the likes of KPMG (the tax-shelter company that paid a $456 million penalty for criminal tax fraud during the Bush administration), Deutsche Bank (which this year paid $202.3 million in damages and penalties for falsely certifying loans to qualify for federal insurance) and billionaire Richard Branson (who hasn’t really done anything wrong, but maybe he’s thinking about it)? And why the need for so much secrecy that participants were not allowed even to say what the speech was about?"

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dalla...an-islands-speech-youre-welcome-america.html/

Last edited:

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
George W. Bush was the greatest president of the 21st century. Unfortunately you have too many emotionally immature people who are unwilling to recognize it. :(

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I wish Kerry could have won in 2004, that way Republicans wouldn't have been blamed for the financial meltdown. That lie really hurt Romney this year.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well, the Bush name is obviously political poison, still 4 years out.

The interesting thing will be to see if 'ol Jeb is able to rise from the ashes for 2016. I think he stands a pretty good chance at making a run for the nomination and garnering wide national support as he is generally regarded as the "sane" Bush.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wish Kerry could have won in 2004, that way Republicans wouldn't have been blamed for the financial meltdown. That lie really hurt Romney this year.

:rolleyes:

dude--you have to give the spin machine a rest for a few weeks, at least. There's really no point to it right now.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Well, the Bush name is obviously political poison, still 4 years out.

The interesting thing will be to see if 'ol Jeb is able to rise from the ashes for 2016. I think he stands a pretty good chance at making a run for the nomination and garnering wide national support as he is generally regarded as the "sane" Bush.

only if they can demonize christie