Where to shop/buy a suit in Houston, TX

Aztech

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2002
I've only owned a couple of suits, and I hardly ever wear them. But I have none now, and I have a funeral coming up. I want a decent suit at a decent price.

Thanks.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
harwin.

oh, you said decent at a decent price. we have all the usual stores, men's warehouse, macy's, nordstrom's, neidless marcup, saks, brooks brothers. (those last 4 probably not for you, though). there are also a bunch of joseph a. bank stores, and they're having their four times monthly half off sale (though i absolutely hate the suit i got there, looked good in the store but awful once i got it home and got it on, also they took forever to tailor).

you could try the mills mall out in katy.

Aztech

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2002
Thanks, I actually went to a Jos. A. Banks last night and bought one. But it's gonna take a while to tailor, like you said, so I'm still shopping around...

By Harwin, you mean the street, right? Like in the Indian/Chinese area off of Hillcroft?

I don't live in Houston, but I've been visiting quite a bit lately.

xdreadpiratedoug

Jul 25, 2007
Originally posted by: Aztech
Thanks, I actually went to a Jos. A. Banks last night and bought one. But it's gonna take a while to tailor, like you said, so I'm still shopping around...

By Harwin, you mean the street, right? Like in the Indian/Chinese area off of Hillcroft?

That's where Directron is - on Westpark, just down from Harwin. You should stop by their store. As for suits, why not check out Men's Warehouse? Reasonable price, though not sure how long it'd take.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: dreadpiratedoug
Originally posted by: Aztech

That's where Directron is - on Westpark, just down from Harwin. You should stop by their store. As for suits, why not check out Men's Warehouse? Reasonable price, though not sure how long it'd take.

actually, directron is on harwin. westpark is the next block north.

and yeah, the indian/chinese area off of hillcroft, lots of shops back in there will sell suits, amongst other stuff. it's kind of houston's canal street. but the suggestion was a bit tongue in cheek.

call jos. a bank and tell them you need the suit faster. they cut half the time off the tailoring when i did that. still took too long, imho (i've had complete suits made for me in 1/4 of the time).

go take a look at macy's (use a coupon, there is bound to be one in the chronicle this morning), k&g, and men's wearhouse. men's wearhouse will at least get it tailored today.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix
harwin.

oh, you said decent at a decent price. we have all the usual stores, men's warehouse, macy's, nordstrom's, neidless marcup, saks, brooks brothers. (those last 4 probably not for you, though). there are also a bunch of joseph a. bank stores, and they're having their four times monthly half off sale (though i absolutely hate the suit i got there, looked good in the store but awful once i got it home and got it on, also they took forever to tailor).

you could try the mills mall out in katy.

Did you try the suit on? How could it look good on you at the store then bad on at home?