Where to go?

Gk0r

Banned
Apr 9, 2001
O, well guys.
I am only 16, junior in highschool, /w GPA 3.6 and it goes up. I am standing here on that d@mn crossroad and thinkin' where to go now? What Career to choose?
I am quite skilled in Math (I'll be done with calculus II, at the end of my sinior year) and Science (AP Physics) I also play sports (Varsity Basketball) I am good with computers as well (software&hardware, teachers don't let me anywhere close the their PC after I got cought for a "illigal access to the school network", which resulted in simple suspencion :)) , see the problem is that I came from Russian just a year ago and it's a little difficult for me to get use to all the possibilities which you have avalible in this country.
I do want a well paid job, as much money as I can get and at the same time I don't want to bery myself in a lot of work because life is too good and too short to waste it
If you have any suggestions please post them here, coz I am really stuck here and I do need some help
Best Regards,
Gk0r

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
Stick with what you're good at. Go to a good college. You should be a shoe-in. Minority, good grades, varsity sports, you are so in.

jAcKeL

Aug 29, 2000
You have a while to decide what career to go into. For now, just keep doing what you're doing, go to college and i'm sure u'll find a field that will fit in with your abilities.

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
If you're not sure what you want to do yet go to college and take a broad selection of classes to see what interests you. Once you narrow it down try and find people within that profession that you can interview, getting some info first-hand is always good.

Unless you are considering skipping college I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry if I was you. Many (most?) people have no clue what they want to do until midway through college.

Gk0r

Banned
Apr 9, 2001
yakko
I hope that was not what you did with your life... coz it's wasted...

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I wouldn't say that. Even if you end up in a van down by the river it's all about the way you want to live. Even a bum can be happy being a bum. Besides, I think he was joking;)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Gk0r,

Give me your address and I will send you a new sense of humor. I did once know a guy who was a bum by choice and he did enjoy it.

Gk0r

Banned
Apr 9, 2001
which address you want? email (click on the link), PM, aim, or "real"?