Where to get one of these?

R3LIC

Feb 18, 2006
Anyone know a respectable place that stocks this board?

Only one I ever see is geeks.com, but it's never in stock now.

If not, is there another good 780G board with a PCIe x16 slot?

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
You don't see it around much because AFAIK they don't have a USA presence. A friend of mine bought one and it died after about 5 weeks. Problem was that Geeks only has a 30 day warranty and J&W's office is in Taiwan (plus my friend never got replies to emails).

What are you looking for in a mini ITX board? If you can live with using an Intel CPU, then Zotac has a Geforce 9300 based mini ITX board for socket 775 that seems decent. It has a PCIe x16 slot, two standard DDR2 slots for dual channel operation, is mini ITX and takes normal socket 775 CPUs and coolers. Onboard video is competitive with the 780G as well. It even comes with WiFi onboard and has gigabit ethernet. Zotac does have a USA presence, plus you can also probably RMA to Newegg in the first year.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/...x?Item=N82E16813500022

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
they are impossible to find.

the only place i remember that even had it was geeks. I have one that I bought used on fs/ft here. The guy who had it probably got it on geeks.

Its probably cheaper to just buy the zotac 9300 board at this point (Though it has a few features that dont work, like no usb wake up etc), but it is more flexible since it has a full x16 slot not a x4 one , and normal ram slots. The j&w has a few more ports on the back though (but again impossible to find). You can import them from europe I think but its just super expensive that way.

Your only other real alternative is no x16 slot with the jetway 780g boards (they have 2 different ones, one with sodimms and one with a single desktop dimm single channel)

The j&w board is also the albatron KI780G but that also isnt in stock anywhere (same board just different color cables and pcb)

some hong kong stores sell it on ebay.

http://*****.com/J-W-MINIX-780G-SP1...QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

I am not sure its worth paying $182 for, but if you have to have it... thats how much it costs.

R3LIC

Feb 18, 2006
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize J&W had no US retailers, thought they were just uncommon. Guess I'm going with the Zotac board and keep my E8400.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: hans007
The j&w board is also the albatron KI780G but that also isnt in stock anywhere (same board just different color cables and pcb)

Ahhh Albatron. Another company with (no longer) a USA presence. I used to have one based on the 845PE chipset that was a monster overclocker even as onboard stuff (network, etc.) stopped working due to bulging capacitors.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
yeah its too bad j&w isnt out here. there needs to be another company selling reasonably priced itx boards like zotac. and zotac only does nvidia chipsets for the most part