Where to get cheapo ugly glasses ASAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
I broke my glasses and it's going to take Zenni about two weeks to get me my glasses. In the meantime I've got my rigid gas permeable contacts but my eyes can't stand them.

Is there someplace (in the Bay Area) that I can get a pair of really cheap glasses to tide me over for the next 2 weeks? Preferably something that's under $50 and I can get them the same day. I know for a fact that my prescription hasn't changed, but as luck would have it my prescription is out dated. I'd really love to also avoid being forced to get another eye exam. I just need any ugly frame and -3.25 and -2.75 lenses.

I'm thinking about just going to Walgreens or something and getting off the shelf reading glasses. Get a pair with -3.25, another with -2.75, and pop out the lenses and pop in the lenses that I actually need into the frame.

Last edited:

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
I'm not sure if this meets your definition of "cheapo ugly glasses"

http://www.yelp.com/biz/see-eyewear-san-francisco

:(

Thanks for the tip. Glasses in this country are so expensive. Zenni costs $30 shipped and they work just fine. It's just a metal frame and two plastic lenses made to spec. Not rocket science. At this point I would be fine with a 50 cent black plastic frame with lenses in the right power.

I might just attempt the reading glasses route.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
flying too fast down the slopes again?

Hope you didn't kill anyone when you broke your glasses.

:(

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
CoastalContacts.com ... they sell glasses too. Cheap, fast and fantastic service.

Status
Not open for further replies.