where to get cheap pc games online?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
The best way would be to trade your played games amongst your fellow AT posters. Apoppin had a networking thread about it, but I cant seem to find it right now.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I get a lot of my stuff off ebay these days. You just have to make sure you take note of the shipping prices.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
The best way would be to trade your played games amongst your fellow AT posters. Apoppin had a networking thread about it, but I cant seem to find it right now.

i hope to have a networking thread eventually stickied here - with your permission, of course

DasSmoof

Mar 4, 2006
Bittorrent?

I keed, I keed.

Check out Gametap. I signed up a few months ago and it's great. $10 a month, plus they just recently started getting brand new games on it. I'm halfway through playing Overlord on it and they're slated to have Clive Barker's Jericho on release day.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

I agree that venturing over to the FS forum is best. Cheapest and you know who you're getting stuff from. You never really go back once your there.

Aznguy1872

Aug 17, 2005
I've never bought stuff off of here but is it safe? Like is the system similar to Ebay where you use paypal to pay? Just wondering thats all.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Aznguy1872
I've never bought stuff off of here but is it safe? Like is the system similar to Ebay where you use paypal to pay? Just wondering thats all.

If you know what your doing, its safer then ebay :D

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
From time to time I've used Amazon.com and buy the used games from individuals.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

Yup, I believe it's safer too. Cheaper alot of times as well. You probably know, but since you're asking, we use Heatware around here (here's mine for instance) and while it's not exclusive to this site, it is what your reputation is trading-wise on AT. You may be asked to ship/pay first while you have only a few, but after you establish some references it's smooth sailing. I may just be lucky, but I don't believe many people are going to "get you" for like a $ 15 game for instance. :D And the good part is that games like FEAR, Stalker, Quake 4 are $40/50 when they come out yet you'll be able to buy them for $ 25 not but 4 weeks after they are released.