Where to get BIG fireworks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnragedPC

Banned
Jul 27, 2000
I see alot of you guys are using some big ass fireworks and I was wondering if there are any sites on the net where I can get the big sh!t??

Locked due to ridiculous necro.

Anandtech Administrator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
dont get any in North Carolina.
All they sell here is stuff that throws out colored sparks.
:p sucks I want explosions! BOOM BANG! haha

RISman

Jul 20, 2000
Is it legal to ship fireworks? I know that the U.S. mail won't touch them...

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< A local guy sells quarter sticks of dynamite for $5. Uhh.. :) >>

No, it is NOT DYNAMITE!

They are called &quot;Quarter Sticks&quot; or &quot;Half-Sticks&quot;. NOT DYNAMITE! DM is made out of nitro and something else, like sand or something. Quarter/Half sticks are not.

Ultima200

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
FYI, China town in NYC is not an easy place to get fireworks. Sure they are there, but nobody openly sells them, and you have to really really hasssle to get any.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
South Carolina is where I get mine. Just drive over the border and there will be plenty of places to get whatever you want.

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
The term quarterstick originated from a roll of quarters. Thus a quarterstick is the size of roll of quarters.

You could always look here if you're interested in becoming a backyard pyro! :)

Cheers!

d0ofy

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Chinatown in NYC used to be THE place to get fireworks in the area, but that's all gone now that Guiliani butted in.

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
You should be lucky. Here in the Santa Clara county &quot;Sparklers&quot; are illegal. We do have some spinny thingies and fountains, other than that, nothing. Which reminds me, when my dad's at Ohio he needs to get some fireworks :)
-- mrcodedude

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
I used to live outside Kansas City. Just drive into MO and get whatever method of destruction you want. Now I live in the Easy Bay area of San Francisco. Dublin (the town next to me) sells fountains and other small stuff. As I look at the hills covered with brown grss all around my town, I'm glad that's all that is available.

Michael

Bozo Galora

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 1999

I didnt know Guiliani had cleaned it up. I have fond memories from high school when all the guys would pool their money and a few &quot;designated&quot; buyers (usually me and two others) would go into &quot;the city&quot; and buy stuff for everyone. M80's by the gross (2 72pc. half gross boxes), M100's, cherry bombs, bottle rockets, anything you could think of - cheap too. From memory - we would take the dntown IRT, get off on Canal street and walk to Mott street. Coming up the stairs out of the subway we couldn't walk more than a few steps before being propositioned. We would then be taken to some of the seediest urine stenched buildings imagineable, and the fireworks would be inside dresser drawers, enough stuff to blow the whole place to kingdom come. Just a little static electricity........... They always placed the works in crisp new brown bags carefully folded. So when we went back to the subway, on the platform would be like a dozen guys standing there with these same neatly folded brown bags. We would look at each other and smile. (heh heh)
We also used to have &quot;chicken&quot; contests, to see who could hold an M80 longest after lighting it before tossing the thing. That was at least up until one of the guys caught one with a fast fuse that went off about 2&quot; from his hand. All the skin on his palm was fused together by the blast and heat, so he only had limited use of his right hand after that.

BlackWob

Jun 1, 2001
I live down in Jax and most stuff is illegal but there are still fireworks stores around, they make you sign a statement saying that you won't use the fireworks in FL LOL

CinderElmo

Jun 23, 2000
I knew a guy who knew a guy...and he acquired one of those large &quot;towers&quot; that shoot up just one payload about 100' in the air. If you have ever been to a large city fireworks display the only way I can describe it is the type of explosive that has very little light, but a LOUD bang.

Anyway, he launches this thing in the middle of suburban America (right from his driveway) and it puts down this shock wave that blew our hair back, rattled windows for several blocks, and kicked off car alarms. We all just stood there in disbelief...then started cheering at what we had just seen!!!

Needless to say SEVERAL people called the police...but stuff like that is what I call BIG fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.