Where to download "free" Far Cry?

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's on FilePlanet, but you have to pay for a membership. Is there any other good place to download it that doesn't require paid membership?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I thought those free games on FP were not there anymore?

Direct2Drive - $9.99

onlyCOpunk

Platinum Member
May 25, 2003
Yeah, just pay the $10 from Direct2Drive, otherwise you might be able to find it in the bargain bin at a video game store.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
GameTap.com has it along with Jericho, Overlord, and oldies like Baldur's Gate & Planescape: Torment

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
coughtorrentcough I used to have it. if I still did i would just give it to you. I never cared much for that game. but ill ask around on my other forum and see if anyone has any ideas.

Please do not suggest pirating on this forum again
PC Gaming Mod-Oakenfold

milesl

Oct 11, 2004
I downloaded it a few weeks back from gamershell,but couldn't activate it because the UBI discontinued the free ad supported games that it only wanted for North America because everyone worldwide was using it by just suppling fake North America contact information.From what I read they were supposed to restart the program after implement IP filtering to make sure the people trying to activate it were in North America.

I have not heard any news since.

Here is a link to the download page:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_20867.shtml

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MonKENy
coughtorrentcough I used to have it. if I still did i would just give it to you. I never cared much for that game. but ill ask around on my other forum and see if anyone has any ideas.

advocating piracy isn't somethign you want to do on this forum.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: milesl
I downloaded it a few weeks back from gamershell,but couldn't activate it because the UBI discontinued the free ad supported games that it only wanted for North America because everyone worldwide was using it by just suppling fake North America contact information.From what I read they were supposed to restart the program after implement IP filtering to make sure the people trying to activate it were in North America.

I have not heard any news since.

Here is a link to the download page:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_20867.shtml

Eh, I just bought it at Circuit City for seven bucks. ;) I've been wanting it for a while, might as well support the dev . . .

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: MonKENy

advocating piracy isn't somethign you want to do on this forum.

I would never, I just had something in my throat :D

Let's make sure your throat doesn't make that sound again. -Oak